Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dxt set at 70lbs, custom string with d loop, shooting 365 grain arrows (including nock and broadhead) and I am getting around 280 fps. Draw length is 27.5.

Do you think I would see an increase in velocity if I bought a z7 magnum or extreme? I like the dxt but sure would like another 10-20 fps.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am a Mathews single cam guy and several friends told me the Z7 was the best single cam Mathews made.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
558 Posts
ive owned several z7 extremes and still have one. i love the bow. im a 29" draw so im pushing it on string angle but its a nice compact bow. ive never shot the z7 or the z7 mag. id think the only one you might see a noticeable velocity difference is the magnum. the z7x and the z7 only ibo a few more fps than the dxt. you have the right draw length for the z7x if you want the compact version. it will feel like shooting a longer bow than 28" ax to ax because of the longer riser. just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've had both the Dxt and I currently shoot a z7 extreme,not much speed difference in the 2 ,they both hold and drw smooth,the Dxt shot better for me but I upgraded and so I'll stick with the z7 x.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts