Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in the market for a new bow to replace my Q2 and have been testing these two new bows. I really like both of the bows and having trouble choosing one. Does anyone own these bows and what are your thought about them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That pse x-force ss is a sweet bow.If your thing is speed than go with the pse but let me tell you IMO i think the DXT is one of the best bows that mathews has put out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree about the DXT being one of the best mathews has put out but i also believe that the x-force bows from PSE are definately the best bows PSE have put out IMO. It's a tough choice to pick just one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have shot them both and think they are both great bow and couldn't go wrong with either bow. Wish I could buy both.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
That pse x-force ss is a sweet bow.If your thing is speed than go with the pse but let me tell you IMO i think the DXT is one of the best bows that mathews has put out.
ibo on the ss is 330-322. ibo on the dxt is 322. not going to gain much speed with the ss and the dxt will be MUCH smoother on the draw. dxt easily wins this battle for me. dont get me wrong, i love the pse ss, but if i had to choose between the 2, it would be the dxt.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I shot both bows and liked them both it was a tough decision. I bought the X force SS. Glad I did this bow is awesome. you can't go wrong with either one though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am starting to lean toward the x-force ss for a few reasons. First the DXT looks too much like my Q2, second everyone I know owns a mathews. I hate having what everyone else has. And third, i kind of like the small b.e.s.t grip from PSE a little more than the mathews grip. However I really like both bows, they fell good when holding them and they both shoot great for me. Really tough choice for me.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I was shooting a DXT and a Drenalin last night and loved he DXT, it shot very smooth and I was very impressed by it. I ended up going with the Drenalin though because it had a bigger sight window and allowed me to use a two piece non detachable quiver which to me is a necessity in the field.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
I've shot both of them! The DXT all the way...not enough speed difference to justify how awesome the the DXT feels compared to the X Force.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They both shot and feel well for me. Just can't find anything negative about either bow. wish i could buy both

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
I narrowed my choice down to these two bows as well because I was looking for a short light hunting bow. I never liked any Mathews or PSE bows in the past but now I buy the best bow that fits my needs and not by name printed on it. I ended up with the DXT and heres why. I found the DXT to draw smoother with less shock on the shot. I found the DXT to have better quality and workmanship as well. I also found the SS to be too short. The speeds are very close with the DXT being right at the 322 IBO as advertised which is a change for Mathews Bows IMO. The SS says 322-330 so it could be anywhere in that area. I hoped this helped you out. Remember that this is coming from someone who didnt like either bow company before. Of corse you should go with the one that feels the best in your hands and not worry about what everyone else is shooting or not shooting. Good luck!

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I too like short ATA bows.......both these bows seem to be pretty nice lil rigs.

I really like the looks of the DXT and am gonna try to play with one when I get home. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I am planning to shooting them some more this weekend with a buddy of mine when we go to Schupback's in Jackson Mi. Hopefully I can make a decision then and just buy one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all of your replies, but keep them coming. Would like to know why you chose the DXT or x-forse ss. Thanks again

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I really like Hoyt and Mathews products, but all the X-series PSE are a very interesting line of bows. I think this may be one of those no lose situations. Just make sure you pick the one you like and not what I like or someone else likes. I think there are many bows on the market that if set up and tuned right they will fit your needs. I think both of these bows will more than fit your needs.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ss All The Way

Think about this , Mathews is so arrogant in the fact that they didn't even apply a 5/16 threaded hole below the grip for what we all have and love an STS of a sort. So now you need to come off of the from of the bow if you want one, which I would highly reccomend doing. I own a Drenalin and love it, so I'm by know means a hater or something. Simply stating the a fact.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet lookin bow there G.O.A.T.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ibo on the ss is 330-322. ibo on the dxt is 322. not going to gain much speed with the ss and the dxt will be MUCH smoother on the draw. dxt easily wins this battle for me. dont get me wrong, i love the pse ss, but if i had to choose between the 2, it would be the dxt.
I tatally agree, shoot them goth and you will see

1 - 20 of 56 Posts