Archery Talk Forum banner

DXT vs. Z7 Extreme

2696 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Doubledroptine4
I had a DXT 2 yrs ago and had trouble holding steady with the short ATA. Will the short ATA of the Z7 Extreme (28") create the same problems that I had past 20 yds as I did with the DXT? I saw the Mathews DVD yesterday and Levi Morgan was shooting the Z7 Extreme with a 2 foot long stabilizer. Not necessarily the best for us to see!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
778 Posts
I loved my DXT, it was my first Mathews. I shot it well, but I shot the Reezen much better due to the long riser. I switched the next year to a Z7 and that was a great combination of the two. The smooth characteristics of the DXT, a bit slower than the Reezen, but still carrying that long riser. All this being said, I now shoot the Xtreme. I found that the Xtreme held as steady and shot so much like my Z7 that I think I could close my eyes and have somebody hand me either bow and I'm not sure I'd know which one it is. It handles great and has me back to a more DXT sized bow which I really like for the amount of blind hunting that I do. I hope this helps. Sorry to give me life history to make a point here. Ha!

· Registered
4,021 Posts
Levi had that long of a stab cause that iswhat he likes. He wasalso using a back tension release. The showed a hunt of his and he had thec same stab on his Z7. Anyway. I dont think you will have a problem with the Extreme how the riser is.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Yes that is the stab he prefers to shoot thats all. I had the DXT and liked it then the reezen then the z7 and now the xtreme like above it would be hard to tell wich 1 you are shooting if you had your eyes closed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.