Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has been shooting a Diamond Edge for a few years now. She shoots the thing pretty well. Like everyone she wants a little more. Shooting with the school and 3-D courses she does ok the guy at the local bow shop recomended us getting the new Mathews Hyperlite. Well we couldn't get one in Black so I got her the dxt. IT should be here this week. How much better should this bow be It cost 3x what the diamond did?

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
The mathews is a really good bow, dont think after a while you will be satisfied with the price to accomplishments raito. The diamond edge is a really good bow to. The main thing is what the kid is most comfortable with. Hope i could help with this

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
higher price isnt always better

Not taking anything away from mathews, but i think the diamond is a really good kids bow that is really accurate. And for the extra money i personaly think you wouldnt be gaining as much as you would expect for the price of the bow

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
i love my dxt she can use it for a long time too since you can get cams up to 30 inches.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dxt

We just bought a new Mathews Hyperlite for my wife. She was shooting the Diamond Edge previously as well.

In my opinion there is absolutely no comparison between the two. Whether the Mathews is worth three times as much I really doubt it, but thats the price you have to pay for a quality product.

As I'm sure you know the DXT and Hyperlite are pretty basically the same bow with the Hyperlite being a little lighter and no roler guard. Both advantages in my opinion.

I'm sure you're aware as well that Mathews cams are draw length specific. The only native issue that we ran into is that Mathews seems to run a little long in the draw. The 27.5 that we ordered was actually more like a 28 1/8. That gave us a few headaches...... It took a bit to convince the dealer they needed to get us the proper draw length.:(

I have no doubt your daughter will love her new bow!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
The DXT is very nice. I think it will be a long term keeper for her. It is probably going to be my next bow too.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
think getting a kid a bow that you can’t adjust the draw length easily is a mistake.
I only own Mathews for my personal bows. I have 2 apex 7’s and one LX these bows are extremely easy to tune. They also shoot incredibly accurate. I love them! I however got my daughter a hoyt trykon jr cause she will be changing her draw nearly every month and I need to keep up with her.

If your daughter is done growing you will be happy with your purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts