Archery Talk Forum banner

Dynamic Spine Calculater

3587 35
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
38,292 Posts
Interesting quick calculator :) It confirms what I already have found out, that there is no chance that I can get my 1716's to spine correctly with my 28 pound recurve.

I'm still waiting for the upcoming Recurve edition of OnTarget2.

· Registered
90 Posts
THAT'S a handy calculator to have. Confirms what hours and hours of testing has found (for me anyways).

I'm still waiting for the upcoming Recurve edition of OnTarget2.
Please tell me you're not kidding. That would be a welcome addition (or edition)!

· Registered
1,285 Posts
For some reason, that person's folder, my pc can't open that file. :crybaby2:

· Registered
38,292 Posts
When is it due out??
I have no idea. The OT2 author was soliciting people's set up stats and chrono information over in the FITA forum, but he didn't say when it was planned to come out--and, as with all things, who knows if the project will stay on track or be cancelled.

And, you can use OT2 for recurves, but it takes some adjustments in the set up page and it isn't quite optimized for them.

· Registered
734 Posts
Here is the latest version of Stu's Spine Calculator.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/hkg3s...namic+Spine+Calculator+Rev3-20-09.xls&.src=bc

Great tool!! I just used it today to check my CE 150's for spine, they where about 6lbs weak in spine. I adjusted the point weight according to Stu's calculator and now they are shooting great!

Sure makes it easier to match the right spine arrows for your bow, rather that to keep guessing...........Thanks Stu

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
That is sweet, Did the calculations & now I see that by calculation my 2114's are spining real close but a tad stiff.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't "Yahoo"...

do you have to be a registered user of yahoo to be able to view the link's page? The link just takes me to what appears to me to be a yahoo home page.

If someone has the tool downloaded, would they be so kind as to email it to me? (Yup, I've got excel) Much appreciated...

DragonRider AT ValhallaSixGuns DOT com (my email address)

Disregard... just after I posted, I see that Sasher's link is posted and it works just fine on my end.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.