Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for any knowledgable Elite shooters. My dad just picked up an 06 E500. 70lb 29" draw. This bow has absolutely zero valley. We have tried adjusting the draw stop and still nothing. I'm wondering if it has the speed module or smooth. If it has the speed mods how can I tell? Would the smooth mods fix this? Thanks

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
the speed mod says e-500. on them,the smooth mod does seem to give it a little more valley. they also have a ez mod but i dont know how they are.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
At one time they had 3 mods available for this bow EZ, SP, and 500.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
FYI. called elite and they told me after the 07 line is up. they will have mods available for the 06 cams.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
tmoran said:
Quick question for any knowledgable Elite shooters. My dad just picked up an 06 E500. 70lb 29" draw. This bow has absolutely zero valley. We have tried adjusting the draw stop and still nothing. I'm wondering if it has the speed module or smooth. If it has the speed mods how can I tell? Would the smooth mods fix this? Thanks
i have the 500 speed mods in mine and have a good valley,make sure thta your draw stop is not hitting you limb to early.check to make sure that you are getting 80% let off with a good bow scale. mine is set at 68 lbs and letting down to only 13 lbs which is 81%.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I use a 500 mod on mine and have a nice valley.You must make sure that everything on the bow is set correctly. At full draw, the drawstops on the modules should be just barely touching the string. If it isn't, then your draw stop is incorrectly set. There are specific draw stop settings for each draw length module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts