Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the EZ Fletch Mini and trying to fletch arrows on the high end of what it can handle. It is easy to use, but the cap won't fit on and I have contacted the manufacturer. They informed me I should have gotten the Bolt. Since I am not a cross bow person, I didn't look at the Bolt.

OK - long story short... Does anyone know if I can just get the arms for the Bolt and put them on the Mini and I will be good to go? I have two emails into the manufacturer with no response on this. I can return the Mini, but for the cost of shipping back and getting a Bolt, I would be better off just getting arms and having a setup that will put Blazers on everything from the narrowest carbons to all my aluminum arrows.

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out from Arizona Rim Country Products that the arms are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on using the E-Z Fletch Bolt...it is AWESOME! I use Gorilla Super Glue and it takes me minutes to prep and fletch an arrow. The tool puts a good helical twist on the vanes and the glue sticks like mad. I shoot about 30 - 50 arrows a night and the only time I lose a fletching is when I am screwing around and stick an arrow through one that is already in the target. I use Blazers and I put two very small dabs of glue on and spread it with the tip just leaving a bit of a wet look to the vane, close it up, wait one minute and pop it open - DONE. Shooting with it 5 minutes later.

I haven't used the other fletching tools so I can't compare, but for a rookie, this thing is great. About the only way to mess up is to not make sure the vanes are bottomed out in the slot and it is a no brainer to make sure they are. $40 investment in the tool, another $5 for the glue, and some Blazers off eBay and I started making use of those freebie aluminum arrows the guy gave me when I bought his used bow.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Never heard of the bolt. :set1_thinking:

I use the Mini and really like it.

Skeet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the Bolt was only for...bolts. Well I was wrong.

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,974 Posts
What arrows are you trying to fletch that won't work in the mini, but will work in the bolt?

Is the distance from the rear of the fletching to the nock a different length in the mini vs the bolt?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried a few different types of aluminum arrows. I shoot heavier arrows and my son shoots light one. They are all aluminum arrows though since I got a ton of them included with my bow when I bought it used. They just needed refletching. The Mini would close but I could tell I was a little beyond the arrow diameter limit it was designed for. Cap would not fit on the arms to hold them closed so I had to use a PVC fitting. The Bolt works perfectly on all the aluminum arrows I have including the larger diameter Easton arrows I use for hunting at 68#

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is it exactly? Is it like the Mini with different arms?
They look alike except the coloring is different. Must be a little more than just arms because Arizona said I could not just swap out arms.

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
They look alike except the coloring is different. Must be a little more than just arms because Arizona said I could not just swap out arms.
When you said arrows on the 'high end of what it can handle'...what do you mean?

I ask because I buy my wife and kids Victory Vaps....and the AZ mini doesn't fletch them very well because they are so small in diameter. I also prefer to not use the mini on the vaps because I don't want a helical cause they are using capture style rest like the Octane and WB....

Are you saying the AZ bolt works good because it fletches straight or because it does better on smaller diameter arrows?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
The bolt is for arrows of larger diameter like fatboy or linejammers and such...

the mini doesnt handle arrows much larger than standard cx maximas very well...i have used it on fatboys but it is not ideal... that is what the bolt is designed for...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you said arrows on the 'high end of what it can handle'...what do you mean?

Are you saying the AZ bolt works good because it fletches straight or because it does better on smaller diameter arrows?
The Mini is for smaller diameter arrows. Typically aluminum arrows are larger diameter than carbon arrows. Even trying to fletch my sons smaller diameter aluminum arrows, I was not able to get the cap on the top of the fletching arms when closed around the arrow. Arizona said I should use the Bolt which is the short armed fletcher made for larger diameter arrows. The arms fold up nicely and the cap fits on to keep the arms closed when gluing.

The Bolt (at least the model I have) does put a helical twist on the vanes. I believe you can get different arms for all the models with different offsets or straight profiles. They were super helpful when I emailed them from their website.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Ya, my string maker (ex-wolverine) just ordered some ez bolts to fletch fat target shafts.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
The bolt is for arrows of larger diameter like fatboy or linejammers and such...

the mini doesnt handle arrows much larger than standard cx maximas very well...i have used it on fatboys but it is not ideal... that is what the bolt is designed for...
Now I understand.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
exactly, it will allow you to fletch fatboy type shafts
That screwed me up a bit when I read that on some sites. I assumed it was for really large diameter arrows (I don't have Fatboys so I don't know exactly how large they are). The Bolt will actually handle everything except the very low diameter carbon arrows. That statement came right from Arizona.

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
I hope a mini with straight fletching is in AZ's line up down the road....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They might have arms to put on the Mini for straight fletchings. Drop them an email, they are really helpful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts