Archery Talk Forum banner

E35 or Bowtech Boss

1352 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  KRW
i currently shoot a E35 but have been looking at the bowtech Boss. what is going to be the more forgiving more accurate bow for 3D?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,268 Posts
It depends on how your 35 is set up.... Ok ... here's what happened to me... I was about to swap out my 35 for a chill x pro.... main reasons.... It was slow... it ate strings... 6 sets of strings in a year... with 3 months down time due to waiting for new mods as one came loose and stripped the thread... I was told by the bow store string quality isnt what is supposed to be.... I tried winners choice.. Americas best..... Barn burners, delta force and 60x. The bow store said there wasn't anything wrong with the bow. I had resorted shooting my Synergy for 3d so kind of left the 35 alone. BUT ..... I wanted to shoot it ... LOL.... I got a set of strings myself and put them on ... timed the bow set it up and out i went... OMG what a difference.
Immediately I noticed an increase in speed. Totally dead in the hand and smooth as silk to draw... BUT!! after only 50 shots same problem as before with cutting the string as it comes of the peg onto the cam. I took it down and found as the string went onto the cam at the loop it was sharp and cut into the loop serving. Boy was I peed..... I called Elite and told them exactly what had happened. They asked for pictures which I sent and two hours later I had a call asking if I wanted the cams sent to me ... Yes!!! and I was also sent a newset of strings and a cable slide too...!! Great service... They arrived and with the help of a bow tech way down in tampa * adventures archery"!!! we had the cams changed and new strings on.... I brought it home and timed it.. I normally shoot 55lbs... BUT it was so smooth now I turned it up to 60 then 65lbs... wow Its so smooth and a lot faster I shoot a 330 grn arrow from a 26.5 DL out at 289 !! I am very happy with that!... and that chrono speed.... checked... My wife has a chill x pro set at 45lbs and to be honest it a fantastic bow too...but maxed out it feels as harder to draw, at 50lbs , than the E35 at 55 lbs.
So before you change make sure your e35 is set up correctly...

· Registered
3,326 Posts
The boss is a great bow and with the power disc you can set it to what ever draw curve and draw lenght you want and with the binary over drive cable system you can get the best tuning in the business.Its a better bow than the E35 IMHO.

· Registered
5,909 Posts
Boss all day long, it's built after the best 35" ATA 7" brace height bow ever made.....the CPXL. More tuneability and settings to make it customized to the shooter. I have liked my binary cam bows but always felt like I was limited on how much tuning I had at my disposal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.