Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me say that if I wasn't in a bind, I wouldn't even consider these options. I have two herniated disc in my neck and torn rotator cuff, so using my compound bow is out of the question. I am sick about not being able to go bow hunting this season because of my injury, and since I have been out of work, money is tight around here for a purchase of a upper end crossbow. Below is a link to sprotsmans guide and they have two bows that are under a $100. I know that you get what you pay for, but this is temporary for this season till I get back on my feet.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/browse/browse.asp?c=8&s=261

Does anyone know anything about these bows? Thanks for any help you might provide.

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
these appear to be taiwan made knock off's of the old barnett wildcat/panzer series bows that were popular in the 1980's. The main issue is how long the trigger mechanism will function. Barnetts didn't have a great rep in that area. the accuracy of these jobs is usually OK though

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your best bet is get a xbow with as much as you can afford.the extra $30 to $50 could mean the difference between hating xbows or having a successful hunting season. Tho Barnett is not the best bow they will stand behind it if something goes awry.

Digger

·
Registered
445 Posts
I agree with digger, buy a brand name and you will be much more secure with your investment if something does go wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks y'all.

My funds are tight...I mean real tight. I was hoping that I could use one of these just this season until after my surgery. I looked at the PSE Viper and the Barnett's and quite frankly, to my shame, I can't afford them this year. I was hoping that the cheapos that I linked to were cheap but accurate. Honestly, if it only lasted one season I'd be fine. I'll be okay when I am able to go back to work. I do appreciate the input.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts