Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This season I will be hunting on the same property as the previous season. There are surrounding farms on every side of this property and it seems that all of the farms have soy planted this year, except the one I am hunting. I sit about 100 yards from the corn field near a creek bed and about 500 yards away from soy. Last year, this spot seemed to be productive with deer cruising along the creek bed, but not one shooter.I can't decide where I would rather hunt the early season, near corn or soy. My stand location is between the two, but respectively far enough from neighboring property. Last year our farmer planted soy, and we maybe saw 20-30 deer throughout the season walk the edge, which is why I sit deeper in the woods. Our trail camera has deer traveling from both fields, but each deer is far and in between. I sat in my blind opening day overlooking corn with no luck, but obviously one can not judge a spot after one sit...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Deer do not use one field edge or another for no reason, and its not just because of which one tastes better at that point. Step back and look at the topo, wood/brush/field lines, and how this extends to even off your property. This will tell you where the deer are going and why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts