Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry guys. I know there's going to be a million "early rut" threads popping up in a few months so I figured I'd be the first lol

According to Charlie it should really be kicking the last week of June :eek:mg

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
almost as lame as the thread I just put up, being bored is a interesting thing haha

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
I'm sorry guys. I know there's going to be a million "early rut" threads popping up in a few months so I figured I'd be the first lol

According to Charlie it should really be kicking the last week of June :eek:mg
Charlie Sheen? Judging from the news stories I'd say that dude is in rut all year round. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Thats odd, I was out last night and the bucks were chasing does all over the place. I'd say it's on now, and unless you are out this weekend, you'll all have missed it! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats odd, I was out last night and the bucks were chasing does all over the place. I'd say it's on now, and unless you are out this weekend, you'll all have missed it! :darkbeer:
It's funny you say that because I talked to a friend, that knows a guy, that knew a guy, that went to school with a guy that had (4) 150" deer chase a doe by his stand Tuesday night.

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
Normally the toms are going nuts right now chasing hens here in Michigan. Unfortunately the most hens were already sitting on eggs the first week of April this year. So you may be right....

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
It's funny you say that because I talked to a friend, that knows a guy, that knew a guy, that went to school with a guy that had (4) 150" deer chase a doe by his stand Tuesday night.
No that SOB was in my blind he stole earlier in the day....:angry:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Mountain Life
6,873 Posts
I did NOT go to school with him....:D, 'bout time we have a fun thread....

·
Embrace the suck!
7,892 Posts
Tagged Out!!!

I got mine already. Came right to the Tinks 69 and licked my key wick. Shot him IN DA FACE!!! :D

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got mine already. Came right to the Tinks 69 and licked my key wick. Shot him IN DA FACE!!! :D
:ROFLMAO:

I sure hope it wasn't with a mechanical because that would be unethical since they don't open up :D

·
Embrace the suck!
7,892 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

I sure hope it wasn't with a mechanical because that would be unethical since they don't open up :D
They do if you shoot 600 fps like my 2315 shot out of my Mossberg .410!!!

·
Treestand Assassin
3,102 Posts
Dog gone it!
I don't have vacation till the fisrt week of November. I guess I'm going to miss the rut again this year. That's what I get for believing everything I read on here!:p

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
It never really ends.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was out just last night on the edge of a bean field (they plant them early here in PA) and I saw one drinking water at 84 yards. I could see his pulse moving his jugular in his neck. I pulled my bow back, but just wasn't comfortable with the distance. But I tell ya, if he was at 80 yards or less I would have taken him.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was out just last night on the edge of a bean field (they plant them early here in PA) and I saw one drinking water at 84 yards. I could see his pulse moving his jugular in his neck. I pulled my bow back, but just wasn't comfortable with the distance. But I tell ya, if he was at 80 yards or less I would have taken him.
That's cause you have 1 pin from 0-80 yards with no drop, right?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I got mine yesterday at 86yds with a rage and ultalight arrow.Had a clean pass thru in the neck looked like a ax had hit him.He scored a massive 8 inches P&Y and was 1 1/2 years old.Could not have done it without my Bowtech.
That should cover everybody??:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts