Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
personally I go with buck urine, bucks are breaking out of the bachalor groups and starting a pecking order, they tend to go out and find the new kid on the block. I've had some success with whitcombs lures.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yummy

I like to use peanut butter, and sugar, but that is not a lure it is a bait. So if it is illegal in your area you are out of luck. I use it prior to the season opener and then I can get really great pictures and see what is in the area. The for lures I like to use tinks doe pee. or some other type that has worked for me. Some of the big bucks like to make their scraps early so using buck pee and a tarsal gland can work. some us synthetic lures and make mock scraps early in the summer and doctor them every week and then closer to the pre-rut they then go to an type of synthetic lure to lure bucks. If you have scoute good then you may use a lure or your choice or just use rattling, and vocals of both buck and does, and scraping on the tree you are in or on the ground. Make sure that you are as clean as possible and your equipment is clean, and clothes scent free and have a good base layer than is antimicrobial and boots are clean. Use the win and try not to take the same route the bucks or does take. Going or coming.
good luck Steady :teeth:

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Tractor with brushhog... Trust me this works.

And always mock scrapes.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Use oak trees

Durocab1 said:
Tractor with brushhog... Trust me this works.

And always mock scrapes.
I like to try and get my brother in law to use his brush hog before he gets his crops in or I have to wait until they are out. I have his drive by good licking trees and go bow trees. Also using the oak trees and drive by them. This really gets the deer using the open trails. Steady :thumbs_up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts