Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a college student with spring break March 24-30th. Since archery Turkey season here in Kansas doesn't begin until the first of April, i figured i would make a trip to Nebraska since the season opens up in perfect time for a spring break hunting trip. I have been looking at Swanson Reservoir,Harry Strunk Lake, Hugh Butler Lake, Harlan County Reservoir and the public lands in that general area. Is there a healthy Turkey population? Are any of these specific public lands over hunted? Which ones are better than the others? Any tips?
Its not my goal to steal anybody's secret spot. Time, Money and gas are valuable since I'm a college student so i am just searching for a confidence booster
in these spots.
I would also be interested if someone would possibly want to swap a NE hunt for a KS hunt.
Any information would be extremely appreciated.
Thanks.
Noah

·
Registered
605 Posts
Turkeys drive me nuts around here, you can drive around any given day and see 50, been hunting them twice a year for like 6 years now and still havnt shot one lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Onza i PM'ed you back, thank you!
Nebraskaz71 that's crazy. Is that all on private land? Sounds like Nebraska birds may be a little more stubborn than Kansas birds. what area of the state are you in?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anybody have any input on Harlan County reservoir and their bird turkey population?
I hunted there last year early. There were good numbers, but we had to deal with a couple of locals that were there that weren't happy we were there. We still shot some birds just had to work a little harder and be patient!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I did the exact same thing last year! Exact same circumstances. Almost every door I knocked on I gained permission!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Onza i PM'ed you back, thank you!
Nebraskaz71 that's crazy. Is that all on private land? Sounds like Nebraska birds may be a little more stubborn than Kansas birds. what area of the state are you in?
private ground eastern and central nebraska both, they are the one animal I can never ever get a shot at ha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts