Archery Talk Forum banner

Easiest Drop Away Rest...Not Too Technical

4K views 42 replies 35 participants last post by  tfosterjr 
#1 ·
I don't have a bow press and like to spend my time shooting my bow rather than fidiling with it all the time. I cuurently have a whisker biscuit. I am considering a drop away for 2010. I have a good local shop that can help me get set up and I can do some minor adjustments, but nothing too technical.

What is the most "fool proof" drop away rest?

I was thinking Vapor Trail Limbdriver, what do y'all think?

#11 ·
Amen. No press needed. The X-cellerator is simply the Perfect rest for everything.

#3 ·
I like the G 5 expert II rests. Easy to setup and quiet.

#4 ·
Without a doubt you will want a Limbdriver dropaway. I just recently set one up and it is extremely easy and IMO the best out there. I am going to be changing my bows over to a Limbdriver rest. The best thing , you dont need a bow press at all to install this rest. Here is the website so you can see it. Down below they have a slow motion video of the rest at work. Also up above there is a 14 minute video showing you how to install it.
http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.asp

#15 ·
Wow,

I guess it is a winner!! I have a solid limb bow, so I will get the standard version.

#16 ·
Limbdriver.....

Pretty much been covered, none easier, and none better:wink:

#23 ·
LIMBDRIVER all the way.
dont for get to adjust the spring tension to the arrow weight.
you want it to lift the arrow to rest without bouncing it.
you do this befor attaching the string to the limbs.
dave knowlin has a post on it here.

#26 ·
I hear all these recommendations based on the LD being easy to set up. Is there a rest that is particularly difficult to set up? They all seem to be pretty similar. I never installed one before until my QAD, and it was hardly more work than installing a whisker biscuit.

#29 ·
If you don't have access to a press the the Limb Driver is great. If you do have access to a press then a QAD was about the easiest fallaway ever for me. I put it on the bow, ran the cord through the down cable, drew the bow to set cord length, cut and served it. Took about 5 minutes.

#31 ·
Limb Driver.

When you go to using ones that have to attach to your cables you run the risk of it messing with your timing if not put on by someone who knows what they are doing.

Not to mention when you get caught in the rain the cords will get wet and stretch and all of a sudden it will not raise up to where it is supposed to.

Here is a link to show how simple the Limb Drivers are.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1071744

Have heard of people having clearence issues or fletching hitting the QAD. Not a bunch, but a few.

QAD is a great rest .

#34 ·
get a limb driver. easiest set uo ever, no timing issues and it guides your arrow longer before the drop

#36 ·
Awesome...looks like the Limbdriver is the winner. I have not found a "negative" review yet on the Limbdriver. It is one of the few drop aways without any negative reviews I can find.

#39 ·
You can't go wrong with the limbdriver. It really is an awesome rest. It is NOT without flaws though. I found mine to be noisier than my Muzzy rest. It is also not the easiest rest to adjust for rest height. You must first loosen the cord, then loosen set screws on the rest and re-adjust, then hold everything in place while re-tightening, and then re-tighten the timing cord. Easier to move the d-loop in my opinion. It is also not micro-adjustable, and I like to have that in a rest. And as far as containment, it is far from the best. Not the rest you want for stalking all day. But it is simple to set up and the concept is superb. Accuracy is also excellent with this rest.

I just simply like the complete silence (NO dropaway is quieter and this has been proven in side by side tests), durability, and total adjustability of the Muzzy X-cellerator. Arrow containment is far superior to that of the limbdriver. Rest height is as micro adjustable as it gets, launcher arm drop travel is completely adjustable with just the twist of the turnbuckle, Complete and total fletching clearance (even when shooting the largest FOBS), no springs of any kind inside or out, totally 100% weatherproof, and because there are no springs, it will not pull on your cable at all so your cam timing will be perfect.

Those that tried the original Muzzy Zero Effect rests and did not like them owe it to themselves to give the X-cellerator a try. Every problem you may have encountered was solved when they designed this rest.

Not trying to do a commercial here. Just giving you my personal opinion. I have tried and studied the Ripcord, Drop Zone, Limb Driver, Trophy Taker, and X-cellerator rests. They are all great, but the new Muzzy is the only one that can say ALL the things I stated in the paragraph above. Good luck with whatever you decide. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.