Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fair Chase Outdoors
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone that has this blind has shot through the netting on the windows? Or if anyone has shot through netting on any other blind like Ameristep, Double Bull etc please let me know your results.

I realize that fixed blade broadheads work the best through netting, which I use.

I need to know if your accuracy is off alot, or can you only shoot 15 yards or closer shots when you shoot through the netting.
The reason for this thread is because of the Earn-A-buck requirement (must shoot a doe before you get a buck tag) in Wisconsin, and the way the Does will not tolerate the open black holes in the blind. They seem to fear getting any closer than 35 yards. This is not an unacceptable distance to shoot for me I just prefer 25 yards or closer. With the netting on the difference is incredible, as far as blending into the surroundings, but I have reservations about shooting through the netting and wounding a deer.

Please let know your results,

Thanks

03LX

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
dont have any reservations about shooting thru the mesh. It works great but you need to try it out before you hunt.

Alot of guys dont try it out first and then make a bad shot on an animal. You need to try it out first to make sure your bow is tuned.

rick

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
03LX said:
I was wondering if anyone that has this blind has shot through the netting on the windows? Or if anyone has shot through netting on any other blind like Ameristep, Double Bull etc please let me know your results.

I realize that fixed blade broadheads work the best through netting, which I use.

I need to know if your accuracy is off alot, or can you only shoot 15 yards or closer shots when you shoot through the netting.
The reason for this thread is because of the Earn-A-buck requirement (must shoot a doe before you get a buck tag) in Wisconsin, and the way the Does will not tolerate the open black holes in the blind. They seem to fear getting any closer than 35 yards. This is not an unacceptable distance to shoot for me I just prefer 25 yards or closer. With the netting on the difference is incredible, as far as blending into the surroundings, but I have reservations about shooting through the netting and wounding a deer.

Please let know your results,

Thanks

03LX
Not a problem at all as you'll see in the video clip. I actually shot through 2 layers of the mesh cause I had it folded down trying to shoot "over" it.

http://www.parsonsoutdoors.com/jons_turkey_bowkill.wmv

JP

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
make sure

Make sure the arrow is higher than the bottom of the window.But by all means shoot away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts