Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these arrows new for 2016 and also has anybody had any experience with them. I'm shooting a 2016 OB Defcon M6 29/70. Do you all think they would be a good choice with this bow. Thanks

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
They are new for this year. I was lucky enough to play with some before most received them. They are very similar to the regular FMJ in that they are pretty straight, hit hard, and are easier to remove from foam targets. They also have regular inserts so you don't have to deal with the HIT insert. Just like regular FMJ though and all aluminum arrows they are prone to bending, even more so then the regular FMJ because their inner core of carbon is thinner which is how they save the weight and why these weigh less then the other FMJ line. Also I am not overly fond of the shine of the grey/silver color of these arrows. I wish they were more of dull finish but do doubt if I will make a true difference in the field.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Easton makes no sense at times. They release this and dump prohunters which were and still are arguably the best hunting arrow in their line up.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I ordered 2 dozen myself last week. I also shoot 29/70 and will be shooting the 320 spined arrows cut to 28.5" with 100 grain BH's.

I agree the ACC Pro Hunters were a great arrow. I actually still have quite a few. I really like the old Easton super slims that they stopped making close to 10 years ago. I just don't think they sell many of the "premium" arrows. I'd bet they sell 20 times the number of regular axis arrows compared to the high dollar Pro Hunters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts