Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with these? I am interested in using them for hunting but would like some feedback before I make the investment. Do I have to use a fall away rest to prevent fletching contact? What is the flight like with fixed blade broadheads. I love my ACC's and hope these will be better. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They are the same as your acc just little smaller in diamter and have a hit insert. They will be a excellent hunting arrow . It will be my choice for hunting this year.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being narrower I was curious if they would have problems with launcher style rests. Has anyone shot these with broadheads?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a few guys at the shop shooting them with goldenkey launcher rests and getting bullet holes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the info loper28!. Now the hard question, where can I get some?

·
Registered
459 Posts
i dont know if anyone else has noticed but i have bought navigators and ac slims and i think they arent up to par with the acc arrows i have shot they dont seem near as straight as i have come to expect from easton in the past. i can measure a pretty big deference in the wall thickness around the shaft and on a spinner it looks like there is alot more wobble than a few thousandths to me. mine were no straighter than my axis arows so that is what im using and i sold the ac slims.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3dman1- did you ever try fixed broadheads with the ac slims?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have been shooting the superslims with target points and fixed blade broadheads for 2-3 months .... switchback and outback with mathews dropaway and dropzone rests. Shaft of choice prior to superslims was ACC's. Honestly I can't tell a lot of difference .... very pleased with both. I haven't checked wall thickness or straightness. However, I have had no problem getting broadheads to spin true and have fixed blade broadheads impacting exactly as target points out to 60 yards ... excellent grouping with both. So, if you are shooting ACC's don't know that you will see a big difference unless you buy into the HIT benefit. Some seem to think that they have better broadhead alignment with the HIT inserts. Personally I didn't have any real problems with broadhead alignment with the ACC inserts so I don't see any benefit from HIT and having to use epoxy rather than hotmelt to install the inserts is a pain. Regardless I will be hunting with the superslims this fall.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I shot ACC all season for Field Archery, 3D and hunting. I thought about the superslims but before I bought them I wanted to compare the new Beman Black Max's to my ACC's to see how they compared. I was really surprised with their performance. They shot every bit as well as my ACC's out to 70 yards, and were very durable. I am sure the superslims are a great arrow also, but I'll be using the Black Max. I could care less about price, I just feel like its a better hunting arrow for me.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I decided to try the Super Slims, but I'm not convinced that the HIT system is all it's supposed to be. Anybody tried a 3-18 half out instead. Thinking of getting some to try. I have a 3-18 and my taget point will just fit into the shaft without an insert.
Thing I'm finding with the HIT is not all points are the same length from the end of the threads to the back of the point & the HIT tool actually puts them in too deep to catch all the threads on most points.
At least with a half out the end of the shaft would be better protected.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have superslims for hunting and ACC's for target. I would just shoot the ACC's. Not enough difference to matter one way or the other and ACC's are cheaper (never thought I would say that).

The new black maxx all carbon beemans are big sellers too.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm using the 300 spine Super Slims for the extra weight. The 3-18 half out is close to the HIT insert for weight. Just looking for a alternate insert.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts