Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Game Destroyer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I purchased some 3-60 to replace the ACC 440 spines I have so I can go back up in weight...feeling kinda weak only pulling back 62.5 pounds ;)

Had to fletch the arrows...am really liking fletching my own and not using the quick fletch.

My question is...just for giggles I decided to crank the bow back up as high as it will go (a tad above 70) and fire a few shots with the newly fletched 3-60's. They are striking right where my 440's did at 62.5 (due to the new nockturnals in my 3-60s bringing the weight up). While fooling around I figured I would fire the underspined ACC 440s and to my surprised they grouped WONDERFULLY I even destroyed a nock. I had to test it again just in case it was a fluke and again...about 2 inches high of my 3-60s all the 440's were touching each other.

Are these ACC's overspined or am I missing something? I figure shooting a 27.5" arrow on my Bowtech at 71ish# I would need a 340 spined arrow...but the 440s are not showing any difference out at my 30 yard target.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Did you try broadheads with them?

·
Game Destroyer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Rage practice heads and Magnus Stingers...both 100 gr

·
Game Destroyer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow...no one on here knows if traditionally the ACCs are overspined? Crazy. I mean I realize they have aluminum within the carbon but still...I would assume their spines were correct.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
from everything i've ever read the A/C/C's are some of the most consistently spined arrows out there. That's why i shoot 'em

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

·
Game Destroyer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Magnus Stinger impacted according to my paper within about 1/2" inch. I really don't shoot my Stingers anymore...but it is good to know even my low spined arrows can drive nails with 'em. I bring one with me in my quiver, just in case a coyote walks by. Might just have to use a 440 instead of my 3-60s for that.

My Rage practice heads impacted right with the field tips as they always do.

I am really liking the ACCs...still don't know how just a low spine is grouping so well. I have always heard the groups will open the farther you get if your spine is too soft...out to 30 they group just as good as my 340 spined arrows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts