Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting CX Maxima 350's for quite a few years and have been happy with thier performance. Lately I've been thinking of trying Easton ACC
3-60 Superlites. I would be gaining some weight going from 8.2 gpi to 9.5 gpi which wouldn't hurt, but was wondering if anyone had shot these same arrows and what their opinions and thoughts about them would be. Shooting a Destroyer 350 @ 29" ,70#. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I have been in the same situation. Some say the Z7 loves the maxima hunters, but the consistency of the ACC are second to none. I will be watching to see what others have to say. I think I may just flip a coin.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
acc's but with a destroyer 350 at 29 inches you might want to go with the 3-71's

·
Registered
130 Posts
been shooting acc for the last 10 years but have experimented with CE 350 3D selects the last 2 years. i honestly get better groups from the carbon express. i shoot them at about 305 fps with 3.6 flex fletch vanes and slick tricks or g5 montecs and they are great. i do wish the CE were a touch heavier. either way i think you will be happy but my elite and hoyt earlier liked the CE 3D selects better.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I've never found a better arrow than the A/C/C's. That being said, CX 3D Selects are a very close second for me. I usually shoot the CX's out of my slower and/or 3D rigs, since they're lighter and help me pick up some speed.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
if your right on the edge go with the stiffer shaft,i have to shoot the 3-71's out of my 28 inch monster cut at 28 inches with 100 grain heads.340 spine shoots ok out to about 25 yards.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, used to shoot the maxima hunters, now goldtip, but the ACCs have my attention because their durability. Not to jack the thread, but how long to ACCs last because of the alloy? I'd bed you could shoot them forever.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, used to shoot the maxima hunters, now goldtip, but the ACCs have my attention because their durability. Not to jack the thread, but how long to ACCs last because of the alloy? I'd bed you could shoot them forever.
good question,i have over a 1000 shots out of mine through my monster,but i would say repetitive use you could possibly shoot the spine out.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
ACCs aren't going to last any longer then a Maxima is. Your not going to shoot the spine out of either shaft.....

Guys always say stuff like....ask them when was the last time they changed their nocks and the answer is usually never. Your nocks go bad not the spine in the arrow. :doh:

I have shafts that are years old and they still shoot great. My CX Nanos have well over 1000 arrows on them in the past 2 months just from shoots....and that doesn't count practice.....or the fact that they went through about 15 shoots last summer also....plus a few indoor rounds plus the summer before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts