Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I'm looking for some insight with a situation I'm in.

Several weeks ago I ordered a set of Easton A/C/E 520 shafts along with Eaton points and pin nocks for them. When my coach came back from her vacation, we went to assemble the arrows, points first, and as we reached the end of the set we noticed a crack on one of the arrows. We checked the shafts again, and found one more cracked shaft. This was while we were putting the points on the final arrows.

I contacted the store, they asked for photos of the cracks. I needed to wait for my fried to come over with a camera, so in the meantime, we assembled the other arrows. When I managed to send the photos to the store, they asked me to send all of the shafts back to them for inspection and replacement. All fine so far, or so I thought. After informing them that I had already set up the other shafts, they told me that in that case they are unable to replace them, since Easton policy is that the shafts cannot be replaced if they had already been assembled.

They did give me a store credit for the two cracked shafts, which was quite nice of them since, apparently, they won't get a refund on them from Easton.
I have also sent a mail to Eastons tech info yesterday morning, informing them of the problem. No reply as of yet.
I was left wondering, however, as to this whole problem. How is it possible that Eastons warranty is void the moment you put Easton points and Easton pins on Easton shafts? How is it possible to even get two cracked shafts in a series that costs over 200 euro a set, and then get no reply from the manufacturer?

What do you guys think about this? Should I just be happy with a store credit for something that is (hopefully) not the stores error, or should keep mailing Easton and try to get an official position? The warranty policy seems a bit absurd to me...

Anyway, any insight would be really appreciated. I'm linking a photo of the shafts in question.
Thank you.

crop_sharpened by Munjeni, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Keep on Easton about this ! I would call every day two to three times a day if I could!!

I had a similar issue but it was with the straightness of a particular model Easton makes. I was not happy with how 4 of the arrows spun out of a brand new dozen. These 4 arrows wobbled badly! Obviously well out of the .003 straightness tolerance. Easton had me send them the arrows and as long as they were "not abused" they would replace them. Well they were not abused obviously because I had never cut or assembled them. They did as promised and replaced the 4 shafts. The only thing that may prevent them from standing behind there product is the fact that you have cut and assembled the shafts.

I used ACE shafts last year and they broke and cracked so easy I went back to ACC. Could see paying the money for the ACE's and they not hold up no better than they did.
Good luck, hope it works out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts