Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they all the deep six version or is that a optional insert you can get for them? I'm going to cabelas to pick some up today but I don't want the "deep six" because I would have to switch all my Broadheads, correct??

· Marty in Badgerland
5,315 Posts
Yep, just get the hit inserts. Great arrows - I've been shooting them for a long time. They are all that I use. Fly straight, hit hard and they are tough as hell! Good choice!

· Shooter of flesh
7,672 Posts
Are they all the deep six version or is that a optional insert you can get for them? I'm going to cabelas to pick some up today but I don't want the "deep six" because I would have to switch all my Broadheads, correct??
The Axis arrows do not use the D6 inserts. It does use the HIT inserts, but any point or broadhead, except the D6 fit. Nothing special!

· Registered
3,992 Posts
not to hi jack a thread does anybody know how to remove an hit insert shop put in with epoxy but its not deep enough
Take it back to the shop and tell them the owe you a new shaft, the chances of removing the HIT insert without damaging the shaft are very slim when built with epoxy. I have tried alot of methods on broken or damaged shafts just to see what works in the end nothing worked without damage.

· Registered
4,487 Posts
Take it back to the shop and tell them the owe you a new shaft, the chances of removing the HIT insert without damaging the shaft are very slim when built with epoxy. I have tried alot of methods on broken or damaged shafts just to see what works in the end nothing worked without damage.
I have removed them with decent success by inserting a practice tip and heating it with a lighter, then grabbing it with a pair of pliers and pulling straight. If you don't pull straight you will break the shaft...Once you get pulling striaght and have a feel for how much heat it takes, they usually come out decent.

· Registered
3,992 Posts
I have removed them with decent success by inserting a practice tip and heating it with a lighter, then grabbing it with a pair of pliers and pulling straight. If you don't pull straight you will break the shaft...Once you get pulling striaght and have a feel for how much heat it takes, they usually come out decent.
I would only use a heated tip for inserts installed with hot melt, to my knowledge 2 part epoxy doesen't have a melting point but I could be wrong. Either way if the shop built his arrows wrong they need to replace the shaft I'm sure Easton wouldn't tell the shop to use heat to correct there mistake.

· Custom callmaker
3,547 Posts
The Axis arrows do not use the D6 inserts. It does use the HIT inserts, but any point or broadhead, except the D6 fit. Nothing special!
Wrong......
http://www.eastonhunting.com/products/arrows/axis
Yes the HIT insert was standard, but I have seen a few adds where they are pushing the D6 inserts and they make it sound like the HIT was replaced or and "extra".

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seeing how the Broadheads and field tip touches the end of the actual arrow shaft, has anybody ever had a issue with the shaft breaking or cracking from impact? The actual carbon touches the tip and seems like it would easily crack or damage it.

· Registered
256 Posts
I haven't had any issue with the shaft cracking due to touching the head. I love axis arrows, fly good and hit hard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.