Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aim small, miss small
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently shooting the Axis 400's, and plan to hunt with them this fall. A friend of mine is using the CE Maxima, and raves about them. He told me if I gave them a shot I wouldn't look back.

I'm really thinking about switching, I'm looking to the members here for some feed back on the arrows.

Please limit replys to the above arrows only.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I would stay with the axis

short answer, both are good, but it's not worth the hassle and money to switch.

I think the axis are quieter on the rest than the maximas, I think they are stiffer, and they are heavier.
I think they are better for broadheads too with the HIT.
They fly flatter because they are smaller diameter.

I have always thought easton quality is superior to others

For hunting my big selling point would be the weight, axis being heavier. It depends what maximas you would be using though, the 350s are pretty close to 400 axis

Anyway, I don't think it is worth the trouble of retuning your bow this close to hunting season. If you are shooting axis and like them, I don't think the change is worth it, even though the maximas are good arrows.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I know you wanted to limit responses to these two shafts only, but you should really consider the beman black max, basically the same arrow as the axis, only straighter and heavier, and also cheaper. I've been shooting these for a few months now and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
215 Posts
stick with axis

I would stick wih what u have untill u get low then I would switch just to try the CX out. I just got some CX 200 with the blazer vanes and they fly great. But i can't see chaning your bow set up just to try them.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would stick with the Axis. For one they are tough. For two they penatrate like crazy. Last year my hunting bow blew a string 2 days before the opener so I ended up shooting my target bow. max poundage was only 63 lbs. ended up with 3 deer with the target bow and axis arrows. All 3 complete pass throughs. longest shot 35 yds.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I too shoot the Axis 400's. Love them, plus I can get bare shafts for about $65. Nice arrow for the price as well as the penetration you get and they are stiff and strong, unless you miss and hit something. Haha! I am always wanting to change things all the time, but not this close to the season. Do it in Jan/Feb when you have time to mess around. Good Luck

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am very happy with the maxima's for many reasons....

with that said, if you are happy with your arrows, why change? They are a quality arrow and if they hit where you aim...change would be for the sake of changing...nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.