Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a good deal on some Easton axis shafts....it's been a while since I've played w/these....
Anyways...on the directions for the HIT inserts it says to use that insert tool to push the insert all the way in.....my question is does anybody leave them just flush with the end of the arrow? it would seem like the arrow would be more durable flush instead of that 1/2 inch or so past the end?

any thoughts or suggestions?
thx

·
I made the switch!
4,703 Posts
Push em all the way in with the green hit tool. If you don't push em all the way in the broadhead or fieldtip will not tighten all the way down, leaving a gap between the head and arrow. It is better that they are in a little to far instead of not far enough.

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Push em all the way in with the green hit tool. If you don't push em all the way in the broadhead or fieldtip will not tighten all the way down, leaving a gap between the head and arrow. It is better that they are in a little to far instead of not far enough.
Thanks wvbowhunter09....

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Be real careful as well to not use too much epoxy, if it leaks in through the hole in the bottom or gets in your shaft :mg: it will cause you all kinds of problems when you are screwing your arrowhead in. You gotta push them all the way in though or your arrow heads will not screw all the way in.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
If you look at any field point between the actual threads and the point, you have the "meaty" part of the tip... that would be on the outside of the shaft in the inserts were flush... the meaty part go into the shaft to give a little more strength!!!
The green insert tool has a little squeeze towards the end to help from getting to much exopy on the forward side of the insert.. a hint!! when you put the inserts in, stand the arrow up, nock down so any excess glue will run toward the nock end instead on filling the insert, plus wipe off the green tool after every insert get put in but I've had to run a tap thru a few and alls better after that

·
Registered
889 Posts
Be careful standing them up it says on the directions to leave them flat so the insert doesn't slide down the shaft.

I just did mine the way the directions say.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
i install a lot of them with the filed tip screwed in the insert, coat the threads and shank of the field tip with soft string wax and then push them in, the glue will not stick to the wax... i started doing this because every once in a while an insert would try to hitch a ride back out on the insert tool, and later when i tried to screw a tip in ... well it wouldnt go, and it didnt take screwing up more than a couple of axis arrows before i found a better way...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you use the stone on your shafts do it first :wink: , before you put the insert in !!! I've seen some people use the stone last and took off to much of the shaft and had a gap with the fieldpoint and/or broadhead and the shaft :mg: ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts