Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm shooting a Hoyt Defiant 30, 66–68 pound draw weight (depending on the scale), 27 1/2" draw length, and I'm wondering what spine and length Easton Axis shafts and inserts the people here would recommend. I'm figuring a 340 spine with 100 grain heads and a heavier insert than the standard HIT for greater FOC (I was thinking of the 50–75 grain brass HIT inserts, but I've read so many conflicting reports here about the HIT system that I'm not sure). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Firenock Inserts would be another option.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I shoot 67# @ 28.5" draw with my Spyder 34. Axis 340's tune beautifully for me cut at 27" with that setup with either the 16 grain HIT inserts or the heavier 25 grain Deep 6 steel insert. I've never had a problem with the HIT system.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
With your draw length those would spine out fine. I have those exact arrows for sale if you're interested. They already have 75 grain inserts installed.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well here's done reference: I shoot a 61# Elite Z28 at 28" draw. My arrows are Easton Axis 340's cut to 27". I have the 75gr HIT brass insert and shoot 100gr heads. They come in at 463gr.

They spine perfect and fly amazing out of that bow as well as my 54# Elite Pure.

At close to 70 pounds draw, you may consider a 300 spine.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shoot 67# @ 28.5" draw with my Spyder 34. Axis 340's tune beautifully for me cut at 27" with that setup with either the 16 grain HIT inserts or the heavier 25 grain Deep 6 steel insert. I've never had a problem with the HIT system.
Thanks. Is there anything about either of those inserts that makes one preferable to you over the other?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts