Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Easton Full Metal Jackey

Votes: 20 52.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which arrows is better or do both of them perform the same.
Easton Axis or the Easton Full Metal Jacket Axis

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
both are very good and perform excedingly well,,, if you want extra weight get the fmj,,, if you want a good medium weight arrow that bucks wind very well and penetrates great,, the regular axis will do it

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
im in the process of playing around with these two arrows, still cant decide what i want. Both are very good, iv been using the fmj's for a while though so i may stick with them.

26" 340 axis w/ 75g brass insert and 100g head.... 350 grains.

26" 340 fmj w/ 50g brass insert and 100g head... 375 grains.

Hard choice, i do like how easily the fmj's pull from the target, and though i rarely bend an fmj, it does happen, so id figure the axis may last a little longer.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Which arrows is better or do both of them perform the same.
Easton Axis or the Easton Full Metal Jacket Axis
Depends on what you want from your set up............

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
im in the process of playing around with these two arrows, still cant decide what i want. Both are very good, iv been using the fmj's for a while though so i may stick with them.

26" 340 axis w/ 75g brass insert and 100g head.... 350 grains.26" 340 fmj w/ 50g brass insert and 100g head... 375 grains.

Hard choice, i do like how easily the fmj's pull from the target, and though i rarely bend an fmj, it does happen, so id figure the axis may last a little longer.
I'm guessing you meant 450 gr and 475 gr................because those set ups come out to approx 456 gr (axis) and 478 gr (FMJ)....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Using the Easton Epic 400 shaft for deer hunting. Is there a major different between that and the two arrows I listed?

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,533 Posts
The Epic is a "mid" sized arrow, not quite as small as the FMJ or Axis in diameter. It is also a little less pricey, because it is kept to looser tolerances (straightness and weight). It also has a regular insert rather than the "hidden" insert. It will perform equally well 99.9999% of the time, possibly only being out performed in the "wind bucking" area. Personally, I chose the Axis n-fused. Unlike the FMJ, it will not bend. Break, yes, but no bending.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Personal preference really. I had some Axis but I really prefer the FMJ and now that the core is N-Fused carbon I think they are even better. I hunt with a 577gr FMJ so I'm really not all about speed.

TEXAS

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm guessing you meant 450 gr and 475 gr................because those set ups come out to approx 456 gr (axis) and 478 gr (FMJ)....
yep my bad.

Still the debate continues with me.... maybe ill just try both. im waiting for a good BH company to come out with some heads that fit the deep 6 inserts. Then ill try out the injections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts