Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dozen to practice in the yard with and they have performed remarkably well.
Are they factory seconds? Discontinued stock? Why so inexpensive?
Thanks for any info.
Jim

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I'm curious about these as well. I just saw some Black and Tan arrows for the first time a couple days ago. Kid walked into the bow shop with them. I did not think Easton made them though. The shop owner told me some old lady made them (probably fletched them was all) and sold them for something like $35 fletched for the dozen.

The arrows I saw were black with a tan translucent film over them. The kid needed them cut to length, so I took a scrap chunk and broke it over the table edge. Construction looked similar to a Gold Tip.

I can't imagine they are that straight for the money, but at that price they'd make some good arrows for the kids and wife since they tend to loose quite a few.

Anyone know anything else about these arrows?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Shafts

DEC said:
I'm curious about these as well. I just saw some Black and Tan arrows for the first time a couple days ago. Kid walked into the bow shop with them. I did not think Easton made them though. The shop owner told me some old lady made them (probably fletched them was all) and sold them for something like $35 fletched for the dozen.

The arrows I saw were black with a tan translucent film over them. The kid needed them cut to length, so I took a scrap chunk and broke it over the table edge. Construction looked similar to a Gold Tip.

I can't imagine they are that straight for the money, but at that price they'd make some good arrows for the kids and wife since they tend to loose quite a few.

Anyone know anything else about these arrows?
Hmmmm, possibly Easton Troopers????

Got a picture???

-T

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The ones I saw were not Troopers. Troopers are a glass arrow (at least what I just pulled up on the net). These arrows were definately a carbon arrow. Black with a translucent tan over them. Gave them a black and tan striped effect (long ways down the shaft).

No, I did not take a picture. The shop owner said he'd only seen them one time before. He ran into them down in Texas on a hog hunt last year. Some guy was hunting with them and told him about the old lady that sold them to him.

I don't remember seeing a manufacturer name on the shafts. Just had Black N Tan in bold letters and then the spine designation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts