Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this shaft at the local shop today and liked the looks of it. I have been using the axis shafts for a couple of years, but I think I like the inserts on the epics (HP inserts) better than the HIT inserts. The epic is also a little cheaper. Those that have used this shaft, what is your opinion? How tough is it?

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I have both the Axis and the Epic in Nfused carbon, and have noticed tighter groups with the Axis...

· Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Any ideas as to why? Does the axis have better specs as far as straightness?
It's a slightly heavier arrow.

My Axis 400 NFused arrows are .4 Grains Per Inch heavier than my Epic 400 NFused are.

Tolerances are identical otherwise.

· Registered
18 Posts
epic

i shoot ST EPIC NFused 500s. i have to say i haven't tried the axis, but i shot each arrow about 150 times and they still fly great. Looking forward to shooting another 150+! i've only used them for target if that helps.

PS. i have a 49# recurve at 30" draw and i no problems so far.

Cheers! :cheers:

· Registered
561 Posts
I shoot N Fused Axis and although I will not change to another shaft I think their drawback is the tend to crack at the tip when you hit something hard. I noticed when I shoot my 125gr Muzzies a lot that the cracking or splitting of the tip is more evident. Can be that my arrows don't always hit the target perfectly straight, but I had a lot less trouble with A/C/C's with the aluminium insert.

· Registered
18 Posts
one more thing!

oh and just to clarify how impressed i am with the epics... i misfired a shot and hit a STEEL toolbox from 15 yrds, :embara:, don't ask how i missed, that's a different story! and it ripped a hole right through the steel after ricocheting off and landing on the floor. believe it or not, the arrow is perfectly fine and i still use it today, but not on toolboxes! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.