Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some new arrows and am leaning towards the Easton FMJ 6mm arrows but would like to hear from some people who have used them. Are they a good arrow for both 3D and hunting? Since they are aluminum covering carbon, will I have to completely change my bow sight pins or should they stay relatively in the same spots? Also how do these compare to the regular FMJ's that I believe are a smaller diameter? From talking to a local pro shop the guy said they are good but pricey but really didn't have any real world experiece with them. Are there any other arrows that are aluminum covered carbon arrows made by other manufacturers? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am in the market for some new arrows and am leaning towards the Easton FMJ 6mm arrows but would like to hear from some people who have used them. Are they a good arrow for both 3D and hunting? Since they are aluminum covering carbon, will I have to completely change my bow sight pins or should they stay relatively in the same spots? Also how do these compare to the regular FMJ's that I believe are a smaller diameter? From talking to a local pro shop the guy said they are good but pricey but really didn't have any real world experiece with them. Are there any other arrows that are aluminum covered carbon arrows made by other manufacturers? Thanks in advance
Hey Ray, I personally hunt with these arrows in the Limited Edition orange. They are great arrows. I shoot a 320 spine arrow, 100gr Muzzy Trocar broadhead and it flies smooth and fast. My bow is a PSE Sinister (2013) and I love it. Penetration is great also. Price? Yes they are around $65 for a 6pack. Only upgrade I did was purchase some Nocturnal lighted nocks, because I got tired of not finding my arrows. If you do purchase them look carefully at size. I believe they are an H or X nock. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
X2 on the autumn orange. Great hunting shaft. With the brass inserts I am 14% FOC and 530 grains. Like the fact that I don't have to worry about a carbon shaft exploding at the shot. Had to pull some carbon shards out of by bow hand once upon a time.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the autumn orange also. Mine are the 320 6mm cut at 27 1/2 452 grains. 100 gran tip 70 lbs 29" draw at 283 FPS. Never got my FOC but don't feel it matters and have seen proof that it doesn't matter.

They are great for 3D also. The only bad thing is if you hit someone else's field tip of something hard in the target they are toast. I lost a few arrows this year that way. Funny thing is they still shot great for 3D. I plan to get another dozen. I only wish I could get this down to 425 grains total weight and still shoot 100 gr but probably not doable.

They are bad ass tho!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Love them! I have the regular 6mm FMJ and the autumn orange.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I personally did not like the durability of the 6mm fmj. They flew great but found them weaker than the 5mm version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts