Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago i bought a set of Easton axis fmj 400s at gander mtn. I love them they shoot well at quieten down my bow. I robin-hooded an arrow last week so i ordered another set of Easton fmj 400s and when i received them they were a different weight shaft. my first set are 9.9 per and the new ones are 10.2 per. will this difference mess up my current set up?

·
Registered
805 Posts
if they are the same length not to much, but a little, i would bet you wont notice untill you shoot past 40 yrds.. but after that yes you will.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
as far as i know they have been making the 400 fmj's at 10.2 for the last 2 years atleast, you must have gotten some really old arrows the first time. I think i remember reading that a while ago they were at 9.9.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
on a 28" shaft that is only 8 grains, so your going to lose about 2 FPS, you won't notice any difference up close, although out at further distances you might see them start to drop a little.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The regular 400 FMJ are 9.9 the camo ones are 10.2
^that is incorrect, i have both camo and black fmj's. all are 400 spine and 10.2gpi. Atleast thats how they have been for the last 2 years i have been shooting them.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
So about a month ago i bought a set of Easton axis fmj 400s at gander mtn. I love them they shoot well at quieten down my bow. I robin-hooded an arrow last week so i ordered another set of Easton fmj 400s and when i received them they were a different weight shaft. my first set are 9.9 per and the new ones are 10.2 per. will this difference mess up my current set up?
Easy on the arrows... you should really by a 5-way target and stop shooting at the same spot. After I hooded one last season at 50 yds, I refuse to shoot at the same spot.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I contacted Easton with this very same question, and their response was they were "misprinted"!! They are all 10.2!! So I put them on my digital scale, and yep they weigh the same as all the ones labeled 10.2!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Jmo the fmjs are awesome arrows I bought a half dozen to try them and I love them cut to 30'' and tipped with nap thunderhead 100gr blaze Orange wraps with blazers can't wait to put one down this year with them, waiting for some extra cash to get another full dozen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts