Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Well somethings worth is is up to the purchaser but I love my FMJ 340's. No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great hunting arrow!! Be careful target shooting. I put A couple dings in them, i would just recommend not shooting in groups if you dont have to. So fault being my own. I also had one bend a bit through a deer so it wasnt usable again. I ultimately ended up switching to the maxima red by CX. I also think this is a great hunting arrow, flys a bit better with my G5's. I have used the same arrow through 2 deer this past season and cleaned it up, looked it over, sharpened the broadhead and stuck it back in my quiver.

·
Banned
4,654 Posts
Their tough arrows and are as good or better then similar priced arrows. Accidentally shot a Steel conduit pipe that was a support for outdoor range target couple of years ago. Target tip blew threw the pipe. Arrow was in perfect shape.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Best arrows I've shot! Wouldn't shoot anything else. Feel they are right balance of weight, speed and momentum. Defiantly don't ever have penetration issues.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If you want a heavy arrow they can’t be beat.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I haven’t used the FMJ’s. I was contemplating on trying them soon until I saw Victory’s new arrow at the ATA show last weekend. The new Victory Xtorsion they are releasing soon looks like it might be a really good offering. The fact that the Xtorsions can still bend like a carbon arrow, but still have that rigidity from the stainless steel weave and the heavy GPI. I definitely will be giving those a try. Both arrows are pretty pricey but from all I have heard the FMJ’s perform really well. I will be awaiting the release of the Xtorsions excitedly.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I agree with Dialed N's post from above.

I used FMJ 300 last season and love them. But these new Xtorsions deserve a test run

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I have been using FMJ's for 9 years now. I still have some of my original 12 that I bought way back then. The best hunting arrow that I have used or tried. I don't shoot in groups so banging arrows together is not a issue for me.

Watching a guy put part of a arrow through his wrist on the release will have you thinking about banging carbon arrows together. I don't shoot at the same spot so I have no issues with durability.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The FMJs are heavy of course, but tough as nails. They take a pounding. I've probably killed 15 or so deer with them and only had to toss two arrows out. All others were reusable.

·
Registered
735 Posts
They're not even at the high end of some "premium" hunting arrows, so you may want to specify what your normally spend on shafts. That being said they're great arrows.

·
Coors Light Pro Staff
1,694 Posts
The only arrow I will shoot

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,187 Posts
They are probably the best choice for a heavy hunting arrow. You don't have to worry about inconsistent spine...and they pull easy. About the only complaint I've seen is they can be bent.

i've been an axis shooter for years but when I finsih off the arrows I have I'm moving to FMJ's

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,187 Posts
I’ve been shooting beman ics

Probably have to adjust your rest a little to account for the skinny dia is all. You will notice a difference in how quiet and smoother your bow shoots too with the heavier arrow....and a tiny loss of trajectory.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I like the arrow but.... if you pull them out of a hard target they will form a bend. If you keep your quiver on your bow while in the case they will form a bend. If you do not get a complete passthru on an animal they will get bent.. I buy new arrows every year and I have roughly a dozen or so that have a slight bend. Can't shoot them straight with a slight bend either

1 - 20 of 29 Posts