Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS SHOOTING MY BROAD HEADS THIS MORNING ONE HEAD THREE DIFFERENT ARROWS SWITCHING A 100GR THUNDER HEAD BETWEEN THE ARROWS 1 ARROW HIT 8" LOW AT THIRTY YARDS.I GOT LOOKING AND EACH TIME I WOULD PULL MY ARROW FROM THE TARGET THE NOCK WOULD BE PULLED OUT JUST A BIT AND WOULD SNAP BACK INTO PLACE WHEN I PUSHED ON IT.BUT THE ARROW WILL FLY FINE WITH MY FIELD POINT.SHOULD I PUT NEW EASTON NOCKS IN AND THEN GLUE THEM OR SHOULD I JUST REPLACE THEM FROM TIME TO TIME.OR ARE THERE A BETTER NOCK TO USE.I'M SHOOTING EASTON EPICS.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I had a dozen Beman ICS hunters that had super nocks. After a while, I noticed that they had loose nocks too. Sometimes the shock of impact would bounce the nock a little out of the shaft. I am not sure whether it was from being slapped by another incoming arrow or what, but I found the nock ends of the shafts to be very slightly cracked - this was what was causing my nocks to be loose.

It is a very dangerous business to be shooting an all carbon arrow with a cracked nock end. I switched to aluminums and ACCs because of it. I would shoot an all carbon arrow again, but not unless it had a bushing or out-nock. I feel that all carbon shafts need something substantial to keep them from cracking, more substantial than gluing in the nock.

I would toss the ones with loose nocks and switch to out-nocks for the remainder.

Just me being on the safe side.

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts