Archery Talk Forum banner

Easton or Carbon express

1832 Views 25 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Roskoe
I am looking to buy new arrows. I am not sure what i want. I want a good tough but fast arrow. I was looking at the Carbon express 3d selects in the 250's. also was looking at the Easton Full metal Jackets. And the A/C/C Eastons.

I like that the Easton are us made:thumbs_up

What do you think would be the best all around arrow?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I am looking to buy new arrows. I am not sure what i want. I want a good tough but fast arrow. I was looking at the Carbon express 3d selects in the 250's. also was looking at the Easton Full metal Jackets. And the A/C/C Eastons.

I like that the Easton are us made:thumbs_up

What do you think would be the best all around arrow?
Well if you want a fast arrow stay away from the FMJ, but they are one of the strongest on the market!

A nice combo of the two would be either the ACC Pro hunter or the Axis...

The fact that Easton is a USA made arrow is a very nice touch! Keeping the money in the USA is a great thing...

BTW I know im a lil bias! Im a big Easton fan!!!

· Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the FMJ are not going to be the fast ones to get. but i like that they are tough. I shoot alot of indoors and deer hunt. I want to have one dozen arrows for all of my shooting.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
The FMJ is the only arrow Ill hunt big game with! And yes they are super strong, but not the best for 3D being they are not very flat shooting, but if you plan to only hunt and indoor target shoot for improvment in accuracy then the FMJ is a great arrow...

If you want one arrow to do both the ACC Pro Hunters in a 400 shaft is a very nice combo of speed and strength for 3D and hunting in one arrow...

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I like the maximas very well,hard to beat in my opinion.as far as buying in america its awful hard to do,unless you want to go barefoot and naked.
Carbon Express are the most expensive shafts on the market and there NOT USA made!

· Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the maximas very well,hard to beat in my opinion.as far as buying in america its awful hard to do,unless you want to go barefoot and naked.

Nope just get some Eastons made in the USA!! I am not saying i dont like the Carbon Express. I am saying if I have a choice to buy American i will. We need as many jobs in the US as we can in this day and age! Guy's Im in Michigan and in my county alone there is 8,400 hundred out of work!

SO when i can buy American made i do!:thumbs_up and yes it is hard to do.......

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Nope just get some Eastons made in the USA!! I am not saying i dont like the Carbon Express. I am saying if I have a choice to buy American i will. We need as many jobs in the US as we can in this day and age! Guy's Im in Michigan and in my county alone there is 8,400 hundred out of work!

SO when i can buy American made i do!:thumbs_up and yes it is hard to do.......
Great call on the Easton's, and also to helping keep food on the tables for hard working American's!!!:thumbs_up

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Have some Maximas 250 and they are great arrows.But for hunting I prefer my Axis and my fav. all around arrow is still the ACC. It does every thing well the made in USA is a bonus.:thumbs_up

· Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
then if your that concerned,it should be an easy choice

Well up to today i did not know that Carbon Express were made in "Korea" Carbon Express is a Michiagn based Company. but the Arrows are made in "Korea"

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Well up to today i did not know that Carbon Express were made in "Korea" Carbon Express is a Michiagn based Company. but the Arrows are made in "Korea"
Not all the Easton shafts are made in the USA either, but all Axis (this includes FMJ), ACC and Epics shafts are...There are many other Easton shafts that are made in the USA, but those are just a few, and all are GREAT hunting arrows...

· Registered
4,406 Posts
lol

Great call on the Easton's, and also to helping keep food on the tables for hard working American's!!!:thumbs_up
Not to start a gripeing match...but i figured all the folks at Eastmans were hard working Americans??

:noidea:

Easton makes a good shaft...but my nod goes to the CXs...I shot one of my aramids thru the wall of a cinder block...yes THRU it...it came out perfect...the cinder block, not so much....They are hands down the toughest, straitest and most consistent all carbon shaft on the market... :thumbs_up:

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Not to start a gripeing match...but i figured all the folks at Eastmans were hard working Americans??
Thats what I said!:confused:

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Not Easton....Eastmans....the parent company of Caron Express...
Opps sorry there spelled close to the same...Isnt that just the office workers and not the ground floor? It says online that the shafts are made in Korea...Now Im not saying that the Office personal at Eastman arnt hard working American's, but in the run, well the short run also Easton employs many more Americans that the Eastman Co.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not Easton....Eastmans....the parent company of Caron Express...

Who's "Caron Express" are they made in the USA:tongue:

I had to do it...LOL

· Registered
4,406 Posts
lol

Opps sorry there spelled close to the same...Isnt that just the office workers and not the ground floor? It says online that the shafts are made in Korea...Now Im not saying that the Office personal at Eastman arnt hard working American's, but in the run, well the short run also Easton employs many more Americans that the Eastman Co.
Well thats a pretty bold statement as far as employee numbers...Send your money to Easton and you are still supporting a company that sends a large portion of their business out of the country...$$ wise, prolly more so the Eastman...and it will increase...

And there are a number of companys under the Eastman umbrella...it is not just an office building...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.