Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm trying to weigh my options for new target arrows for this winter and I'm wondering if anyone has info to share one way or the other.

So far, here's what I've got-

EASTON REDLINES

http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/product/33

(click on the little tab that says more, and then click on TRUSPECS)

PROs-
I've used these before, they work good.
Spiffy, possibly more accurate nocks
+/- 1.5 grains/ dozen
+/- .003" straightness

CONS
Nocks sold separately on raw shafts
More expensive shafts than PSE PROs

PSE RADIAL XWEAVE PRO

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=56063&sk=56063&u=RXP2

PROs
Less expensive than EASTON REDLINES
Raw shafts come with nocks
+/- 1 grain/ dozen
+/- .001" straightness

CONS
Not super spiffy nocks

Are the PSE specs true? +/-.001" is usually pretty expensive, as well as 1 grain per dozen. Why are they cheaper?

Easton's page says they have a better way to measure the straightness over the whole shaft minus 2 inches than others. Does this mean the REDLINE shafts are straighter than the PSE's?

Help, as always, is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dean

·
Genesis 21:20
21,665 Posts
I would encourage you to get the Redlines. I've never put the PSE shafts on a spine tester, but I suspect they wouldn't be as consistent as an Easton/Beman shaft. Which is probably why they are less expensive.

.003" is all anyone really needs, especially if you are trimming the shaft very much. Once you trim it, it get's even straighter...

I've used these before, they work good.
I like new gadgets as much as the next guy, but that statement says a LOT. If it works, don't mess with it. And you really can't go wrong with Redlines. Just wish they hadn't discontinued them. They were a very good arrow for so many young and intermediate archers, or those on a budget.

John.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Easton has recently announced that they are discontinuing the Redlines and the companion Beman Energy and replacing them with a slightly more expensive shaft called Carbon One which is only available in seven different spines. You might want to take a look at Carbon Express Medallion XR shafts which are comparable to Redlines and come in eleven different spines.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yech. I hate when companies discontinue things that work good.

Buying a product that a company isnt going forward with is a consideration that will have to play into my choice. Thanks for that info! I like to get something I can tune up and stick with for a while.

Dean

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Try the Victory Nano Force, they are great. They are a little smaller diameter than the redlines. The Nano Force V1s (.001 and .5 gr per dozen) are around $150 per dozen for shafts, not bad for arrows with those specs.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to keep the costs to around $100/ dozen.

I can go higher than that for some amount of quality. I've been bummed for the last day or two to hear that they are cutting the REDLINE line.

I've used several target arrows, building up to the $100/ dozen class but I'm hesitant to jump past the $10 an arrow for indoor league shooting.

Decisions, decisions.......

Dean

·
Registered
195 Posts
Try the Victory Nano Force, they are great. They are a little smaller diameter than the redlines. The Nano Force V1s (.001 and .5 gr per dozen) are around $150 per dozen for shafts, not bad for arrows with those specs.
They are alot thinner than the redlines. .
Nano Force 350 - .224"
Nano Force 400 - ..219"
Nano Force 500 - .213"
Nano Force 600 - .208"

They also have a .006 runout model Nano Force V6 for around $75 if you can find them. Too bad Lancaster doesn't have the V6 version. Guess they don't want to sell a .208 dia 5.4gr shaft for only $75.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
They have the Nano Force V6 shafts for $64.00 a dozen and the V3s for $91.00. Try them you'll like them!!!

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/
Great price but they don't have the points. I hope they don't think you can use something else as all the other glue in points from Easton, Cartel and the rest don't fit (too big) as pointed out in other posts. Victory came up with their own size for some reason and didn't make the glue in points the break off type. You'll have to grind off the excess or buy several sizes at $20 a dozen.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
x weave pro's

i shoot the x weave pro 300's and i will tell you what,these arrows spun just as good as Full Metal Jackets on the arrow spinner and they fly good as far as being tough i think these x weaves are pretty darn tough and they fly great,i don't know anything about the redlines so i can't compare them but out of full metal jackets or maxima hunters myself i would take the x weaves,the x weaves fly as good as the maxima hunters or fmj's but i think there tougher built,and the 4in vanes on the xweaves are like 1.5 gram heavier than most and the durability is excellent there a little stiffer on the vane,and the beiter nock may not be the toughest but they all weigh excatlly the same,and actually the beiter nocks are pretty tough the only ones i have ruined are the ones i hit with another arrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts