Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was curious if any of you folks hunt with them and how have they worked for you overall...I am trying to decide between lightspeeds and redlines for hunting this fall...thanks...E

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I shot targets and hunted with the lightspeeds last year, they are really good shafts and do the job quite well, bought them here on AT and although there a little light for hunting, the 500s still blew through both deer that I harvested last year in West Virginia, and shot equally well on the 3d course.

·
Banned
6,060 Posts
I never hunted with Redline but I did own some and they shot real well. I do know of some hunters that use them and have very good success with them. They've even taken Caribou using the Redline 520's from distances past 60 yards and got pass throughs. I wasn't on the hunt but seen plenty of photo's. Oh they used Rocket 60gr. Mechanicals also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Redlines

I use Redlines for 3D... my opion is alittle more weight for hunting!?!? I believe the Axis are in the same price range...
But between the 2 you mentioned I think the Redlines are alittle more durable than the lightspeeds...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Used the Redline 520's for years for both 3D (with nibbs) and hunting. Shooting the Equalizer this year and got Redline 410's for it for again 3B and hunting. Great arrow. I think the Lightspeeds would be on the light side for hunting but should work. Plan on using them next year for 3D only .(guys keep breaking the ends and I can cut them down to my length:wink: )

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
Redlines are good arrows, tuned great for me and flew like darts. Wish I hadn't switched to Axis But now shooting Satilitte was very skeptical for 60$ dozen arrows but seem to be working very well and 1/2 the cost. I just wish more folks sold them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts