Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else think these nocks are too tiight?
How did you "fix" it?

I'm having issues with Easton Super Nock fit. I have X7's with Super UNI businings and Easton Super Nocks. I wasn't satisfied with the nock fit after shooting them for a year or so and decided to replace them with the new Easton MicroLite Super Nocks. They were quite tight even on a string that was well broken in. Taking some measurements I found the new MicroLites to be somewhat smaller in throat width than the old (used) Super Nocks. They were .895" and the old ones are only 2 thousandths bigger. So I'm thinking they are tighter because they are stiffer. I have no way of measuring the stiffness to compare them, but I suspect the new MicroLites are stiffer than the old ones. I opened up the new MicroLites to .903" and they are about right now.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Instead of trying to adjust nock throats, which can't be done very consistently from one to the next, try re-serving the bowstring with smaller diameter thread. I even order my strings without center serving just so I can match the serving to the nocks I'll be using.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Instead of trying to adjust nock throats, which can't be done very consistently from one to the next, try re-serving the bowstring with smaller diameter thread. I even order my strings without center serving just so I can match the serving to the nocks I'll be using.
That's what I do, too. Depending on the string material and strand count I check the string diameter with dial calipers. Then determine what diameter serving I need. With normal large throat nocks being .098" I like to have a center serving diameter (on the string) of .110". This allows for some break in and eventual wear so the nocks have that nice sliding fit.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I do, too. Depending on the string material and strand count I check the string diameter with dial calipers. Then determine what diameter serving I need. With normal large throat nocks being .098" I like to have a center serving diameter (on the string) of .110". This allows for some break in and eventual wear so the nocks have that nice sliding fit.
Yes, I measured the strings (I have 3 bows) and they are about .115" which is about standard for the large throat nocks. If I re-serve the strings then my outdoor arrows won't fit any more. I use pin nocks and G nocks in the summer. I do, however, have to re-tie the D-loop and nock knots to fit the summer set-up because: 1. The nocks are wider and 2. I turn up the draw weight, which changes the tuning and moves the nock point.

I still think the MicroLite nocks are tighter that the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts