Archery Talk Forum banner

Easton Tracer Nocks do not fit

1539 7
I am new to crossbows and to this forum. The first thing I will say is "Thank You" for what I have already learned reading this forum.

Today, I bought 2 Easton Tracer Nocks #2216 to install in Horton Lightning Strike MX #2216. The Tracers diameter is too small to fit snugly in place of the original nocks. The Tracer nocks measure .300" the original nocks measure .313"

I sent an email to Easton but I don't expect a response until next week.

Has anyone with Tracer #2216 encountered a similar problem?

Thanks

Charlie
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Vendor
5,699 Posts
Not that exact issue, but something similar. The Gold Tip carbon arrows are a larger inside diameter than the Easton Carbons and the carbon tracers are too loose for the Gold Tips so I use a 2219 tracer nock and file the nibs down a tiny bit so the nock fits snug in the Gold Tip bolts...works fine for me...

Wyvern

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that exact issue, but something similar. The Gold Tip carbon arrows are a larger inside diameter than the Easton Carbons and the carbon tracers are too loose for the Gold Tips so I use a 2219 tracer nock and file the nibs down a tiny bit so the nock fits snug in the Gold Tip bolts...works fine for me...

Wyvern
I found some info with shaft inside diameters:

Gold Tip Laser II bolts .300” ID

2219 Aluminum Shafts .306” ID

2216 Aluminum Shafts .314“ ID

There doesn't seem to be a crossbow arrow shaft larger than .314 so I guess the only fitting method would be to add a shim between the nock and the inside of the shaft.

I will try to find some lighted nocks from another manufacturer today and see if they fit.

Thanks

Charlie

· Registered
5,001 Posts
So many different diameters and only one size of Firenock?

Firenock only have one size crossbow nock, but it will fit from 0.297" to 0.3145" the trick is in the O-rings. Each pack comes with 30 O-rings. We also make our own nock for both style Hybrid and flat. With 2 O-ring slots, different size O-rings can fit inside the slot to take up that 0.175 variance. Manual below for your information:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firenock,

Thank you for the information.

Before I order Firenocks, I would like to verify that they will fit 2216 arrows. Above, you state that they will fit to 0.3145" but the online info states that they will fit to 0.303"

I just want to be sure...I already have others that do not fit!

Thanks
Charlie

· Registered
5,001 Posts
Sizes

Hi Charlie,

I do not have a 2216 to confirm how snug it will fit, but I know the 2219 I have fit a little more than snug. But with O-rings, there is lots of room to play with. Not to mention with some bow wax and the O-rings, you can easily get another 0.02" without too much issue. i cannot absolutely sure that it will fit exactly as I think it will, but with a 30 days no question ask return policy, you are not out much but the $3.00+ for shipping both ways.

Hope this address your issue.

AND if it does not fit as snug as you want, then I think it is time for me to look for a 3rd set of O-ring to make it fit perfectly. I would believe that I can always make the new O-ring set as an accessory for those who decide to use the very seldom used 2216? This design of mine is so flexible, I am loving it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dorge

for the additional info. I will place an order and we will both find out if they will fit properly. I should not have to return them if you are interested in finding the proper size o-rings if necessary.

Charlie

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I spoke to

Easton today and they were aware of a problem. Somehow, the wrong Tracer Nocks were packaged as 2216's and they are sending me the correct replacements.

I give them a good grade for their customer service.

I will let you know how the correct ones fit.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.