Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shooting these yet? What do you think of them? They come with 2weighted practice nocks I think, but can you get more of just the practice nocks?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Anyone shooting these yet? What do you think of them? They come with 2weighted practice nocks I think, but can you get more of just the practice nocks?
I didn't get any practice nocks with mine as i had to buy the single packs since they didn't have the 3 packs yet. They work great and i'll get more since they are the best, easiest to use lighted nocks i've ever used! Price is at the lower end for lighted nocks unless you make your own, which work good also, but still aren't as nice as the new tracers.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Shot them a couple of years now

and I think they are great.Easy to see and follow a hit in those early morning and close to closing time in evening.Coyotes think they are something to eat though after taking a hit.Those are bad arse varmits!I'll be ordering more from Easton this year,love to watch them in the air.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
They are a very well made product however they are not even close to being as bright as some others on the market. I shot two deer recently, one with the tracers and one with a lumenock within minutes of each other. There was still plenty of light left and I never saw the tracer fly through the air like I did the lumenock. The arrows were stuck in the ground 3 feet from each other and at 32 yards away from my treestand I could see the lumenock plain as day, the blinking tracer was hardly noticable. I like them but I wish they were brighter.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
they don't have a hole in the back of them like the new luminocs do, but they are still plenty bright. I've shoot mine indoors at a well lit archery range and the guys had no problem seeing them. I think the blinking feature is real nice also to get your attention and possibly extend battery life.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ttt
Looking for the same info.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Does anybody know how much they weigh? I was wondering how
they compared to the luminocks.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
I think they were 28 gr on my scale.
I had one go dead already. I'm trying out the other one to see if it last longer.

Much better design than Lumenock if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
if I am not mistaken easton packs the nock already together, with battery installed. If a magnet passes by the nock from another pack it will turn it on. Then one only knows how long it has been on at the store or at easton or in transit. they do weigh around 28grains

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the lumenocks better for a few reasons: Lumenocks are made in the USA and Tracers are made in CHINA:eek:! Lumenocks are brighter! Lumenocks weigh less. Did I mention Tracers are made in China? :pukey: If you don't put the tracers into sleep mode the battery goes dead. Lumenocks are made in the USA:) Tracers are made in China! Did I mention Lumenocks are made in the USA?

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
I think they were 28 gr on my scale.
I had one go dead already. I'm trying out the other one to see if it last longer.

Much better design than Lumenock if you ask me.
I thought they might be lighter than that. I wish they were. I like the
fact they they are the same shape and fit of easton nocks. I have
never been a fan of any other brand of nock.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
What size nock weighs 28 gr. Was that the X nock or the super nock?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone know where you can get just the weighted nocks? Surely people don't just practice with only 2 arrows!

·
Registered
453 Posts
2 questions:
1) does anyone have the weight of the x-nock version? Is it still 28gn?
2) Can you get them in other colors? (I would like the green)

Okay... three questions: how does the weight impact accuracy and/or flight? That's quite a bit of weight to have on the back. Although, not unlike going from a 125gn head to a 100gn head.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
I am still waiting for Easton to come out with ones that fit the Uni Bushing System and the Super Nock or so Easton Tech Supports states. So I will be waiting unless they are already out. Was hoping to try some I guess I will be waiting since they just bought the company that was making them and hope they are out soon...

LFM

·
Registered
848 Posts
if I am not mistaken easton packs the nock already together, with battery installed. If a magnet passes by the nock from another pack it will turn it on. Then one only knows how long it has been on at the store or at easton or in transit. they do weigh around 28grains
They come in "sleep mode". You have to run the battery past the magnet in a certain sequence to turn it on. Then you can put it back in sleep mode when the season is done. Pretty nifty! I love mine!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wieghted practice nocks.

Anyone know where you can get just the weighted nocks? Surely people don't just practice with only 2 arrows!
Wieghted practice nocks can be easily made by using hot glue inside an arrow nock, and pushing a piece of #10 or #12 solid copper wire into it. We use wire off a roll with the insulation still on it. We cut it to the proper length prior to assembly, but for the homemaker glue in a piece that is too long, and just start trimming it with wire cutters until it is the right wieght.

These are all trade secrets. Keep it to yourself.

Eric:wink:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just shoot Firenocks!

No magnets and work perfect!! No worries!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
They work great and they do have them to fit unibushings. My experience with lumenocks was a poor one. I'll take the TRACERS over them any day!

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Firenock match weight

Every pack of Firenock comes with matched weight. Firenock GSH is 27.0 grains +/1 0.2 grains. The Firenock GS 3 pack also comes with 3 match weight. So you can decide what color of nock you like (the nocks are inter-changeable). Firenock also offer Blue, Clear, Yellow and Orange beside the Red and Green which comes with every pack of Firenock except Firenock Target which comes standard with clear and green. You can purchase more nocks or match weight at 7 for $9.95 and 3 sets for $9.95.

We should be coming out with the Firenock GU pack by July 4th.
3 Firenock hunting circuit
3 Firenock target circuit
6 match weight
24 polycarbonate nocks (6 green, 6 red, 3 clear, 3 blue and 6 orange)
7 batteries
6 o-rings
and a Firenock 3X10 bumper sticker
for $109.95 plus shipping.

The Hunting circuit will not shut off until you tap the nock on the floor
The target circuit will shut off by itself after ~15 seconds after activation.

More detail please visit www.firenock.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts