Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Desert Island Trading Co.
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a dozen X10s from an archery company on ebay. I got them, but there is no C weight printed on the shaft label.

???

The shop said they were new, but they are not in the original easton shaft box. Everything looks legit on the arrows aside from that.

Anyone else bought X10s recently and no c weight on the label? I can imagine anyone faking X10s.

Chris

5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind. I found the c weight. Its laser etched in the carbon on the back end. Nearly invisible with a 7 digit code.

Chris

5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure,

here is new label with no C weight
Laminate flooring Hardwood Floor Wood Wood flooring

here is C weight etched with no light as it appears on shaft

Wood Hardwood Room Table Flooring

here is the shaft lit up to see the etching
Laminate flooring Floor Hardwood Wood Flooring

It had me freaked out for a few minutes until i googled an article by George explaining the C weights. He mentions the C weight is printed on the label OR LASER ETCHED.

I have never had an X10 that had this etching in 12 years of shooting X10s.

Chris

5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as a post script, i am not a fan.

Shot the arrows since February and pulling them out of targets has worn away all the C weight info. Now i have no way to know what the C weight is on these if i get another dozen.

Chris

5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, there IS this post with a photo of your arrow...
yes, thats how i found out what the C weight was. I have 4 arrows left from that dozen and the labels are all still new looking. But the C weight and serial number are gone.

Chris

5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the same photo of the arrow now. You can see the impressions of the last two numbers 27 but the rest is gone including the C5.

Table Ceiling Material property Lighting accessory Furniture

Yet, the tiny made in USA, and the phone number and safety info is still on the staff. The middle labels are still very new looking. the points on the gold arrows are still intact.

Line Material property Tile Architecture Floor

Easton needs to put the C marking back on the white part of the label. This is unacceptable that the weight is gone so fast and now the arrows are unidentifiable.

Chris

· Registered
408 Posts
That's actually realy disappointing. As you mention, the new paint (or whatever its called) that they use on the X10's lasts way longer than the older one, so it's really bad that they decided to remove critical information from that label. I guess we'll have to start writing it down somewhere until Easton comes back around wtih it.

· Registered
724 Posts
There is a C-code on all X10 arrows, but on new shafts it is laser-engraved on a carbon (not painted as on older shafts) - that's what was discovered recently and that's what Chris pointed out. I bought my X10s a few months to a year ago - and all had laser-engraved C-codes as well. They are indeed hard to see, since they are black-on-black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.