Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I'm new to D-loops.

when I nock my arrow on the string, the D-loop is contacting both the top and the bottom side of my nock. Is this ok? There is enough room for my arrow to nock on the string, but no more.
Just wanted to make sure that my D-loop wasn't too narrow or anything.

Actually, now that I think of it, you wouldn't really want any space between or the nock point wouldn't be the same every time. I just wanted to make sure the D-loop wasn't pinching my arrow or anything like that.

sorry, like I said, I just got a new bow with a D-loop.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Sorry, I'm new to D-loops.

when I nock my arrow on the string, the D-loop is contacting both the top and the bottom side of my nock. Is this ok? There is enough room for my arrow to nock on the string, but no more.
Just wanted to make sure that my D-loop wasn't too narrow or anything.

Actually, now that I think of it, you wouldn't really want any space between or the nock point wouldn't be the same every time. I just wanted to make sure the D-loop wasn't pinching my arrow or anything like that.

sorry, like I said, I just got a new bow with a D-loop.

You actually need to pull the knots apart a bit. The pinch point could make your nock pop off of the string during the draw cycle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that something I can do?

or does it have to be untied and then tied back, because I don't know how to tie those things on.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
you might be able to slide them with your fingers but if it's tied correctly you will have to remove it and add a new one. PS. it should'nt move with your fingers.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,421 Posts
In all actuality, nock pinch will make your arrow lift off the rest more than make it come off the string. Proper loop procedure is string tied nocks and the loop on the outside. If just tying on a loop, loop pliers will maintain a good space, but wax the loop material first - this will ensure tight knots and no slippage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Howdy- at my shop we incorporate a regular nocking point to noc up against. This provides a "flat" surface to noc up against instead of the uneven loop knot. We also use dental tape to tie the bottom knot so it will not pinch and slow ya down also if too tight when you draw the aeeow will pick up off your rest. You may sacrifice a foot or two in speed but you will be more accurate.

·
Registered
135 Posts
To make a little "wiggle room" in between the knots on a d loop, nock an arrow and grab the arrow about mid shaft and "wiggle" it up and down a few inches. Do this a few times and it will split the knots just enough to eliminate nock pinch. Do this anytime the arrow starts to rise off the rest when drawing. Permanent solution is to tie nock sets above and below the nock making the bottom nock a little bigger than the top nock and then have the d loop tied above and below the tied nocks. The bigger nock on the bottom creates down pressure on the arrow when drawing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, thanks,

i got it to wiggle open a little bit and it seems better now. i think it was pinching a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts