Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· The pugs keeper
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go easy on me. For several years i have not had to much good to say about Slick tricks. i could never get them to fly just rite and they just did not seem for me. I have used the rage for three years now, still love them but i had my sister shooting slick tricks and was playing around yesterday at home shooting them and by god, had them flying really really well. I went out last nite with them on my arrow and smoked a doe. Very very impressed with blood trail and hole size. Me thinks for the price between the two and the fact its a fixed i will be changing. Maybe not now, but you can bet i will have some of both in my quiver the rest of this fall. So to all you slick trick lovers out there i can now see the light!

· Registered
1,045 Posts
4 blades

I have never had much luck with getting a 4 blade broadhead to shoot well. That is the only reason I have never tried them. :embara:

· Registered
5,013 Posts
Slick Tricks are by far my favorite fixed head. Although I've never actually harvested anything with them, their flight characteristics and design have always impressed me. Maybe one of these days I'll get off the mechanical broadhead bandwagon and commit to using these full time.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
Out to 30 or 40 yards I'm sure they work just like any 4-blade BH should. But at 60 yards they are a full 8" lower than all my other fixed blade BH's that I shoot. When I'm setting up for an elk, I never know if I'm going to get a 5 yard shot or a 65 yard shot.......so when I pull an arrow out of the quiver I want one with a BH attached that I'm confident in out to at least 70 yards. If I knew all my shots were going to be under 40 yards, I wouldn't have a problem using them.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Go easy on me. For several years i have not had to much good to say about Slick tricks. i could never get them to fly just rite and they just did not seem for me. I have used the rage for three years now, still love them but i had my sister shooting slick tricks and was playing around yesterday at home shooting them and by god, had them flying really really well. I went out last nite with them on my arrow and smoked a doe. Very very impressed with blood trail and hole size. Me thinks for the price between the two and the fact its a fixed i will be changing. Maybe not now, but you can bet i will have some of both in my quiver the rest of this fall. So to all you slick trick lovers out there i can now see the light!

I have both in my quiver as well, but I have the G5 Strikers and Rage 2 blade. The strikers fly awesome and I couldn't get the ST locally.

· Registered
383 Posts
Out to 30 or 40 yards I'm sure they work just like any 4-blade BH should. But at 60 yards they are a full 8" lower than all my other fixed blade BH's that I shoot. When I'm setting up for an elk, I never know if I'm going to get a 5 yard shot or a 65 yard shot.......so when I pull an arrow out of the quiver I want one with a BH attached that I'm confident in out to at least 70 yards. If I knew all my shots were going to be under 40 yards, I wouldn't have a problem using them.
been shooting ST for 3 years. one of the best fixed heads on the market. mine shoot like darts out to 60 yards..

· Registered
8,309 Posts
Me thinks for the price between the two and the fact its a fixed i will be changing. Maybe not now, but you can bet i will have some of both in my quiver the rest of this fall. So to all you slick trick lovers out there i can now see the light!

What is really nice about the steel ferrule...

hey, you can use them again with either new blades or sharpened...

what a concept?

try that with any of your aluminum-ferruled broadheads...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.