Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my house we eat alot of venison. We eat venison on average probly 4 days a week. Some of the guys at work who are more city slickers than hunters hardly eat any. When I bring my leftovers everyday for lunch they always ask me what ya eating "woods food"? Lol. So how many times a week do you figure you eat venison in your homes?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Once a week for the first few weeks after hunting season. We are only aloud one deer a year in WA so it goes pretty fast in my house. If we lived in a state where we could take multiple deer we would eat it way more often.

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,187 Posts
In my house we eat alot of venison. We eat venison on average probly 4 days a week. Some of the guys at work who are more city slickers than hunters hardly eat any. When I bring my leftovers everyday for lunch they always ask me what ya eating "woods food"? Lol. So how many times a week do you figure you eat venison in your homes?
LOL-Just ask them if they really know what they are eating.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once a week for the first few weeks after hunting season. We are only aloud one deer a year in WA so it goes pretty fast in my house. If we lived in a state where we could take multiple deer we would eat it way more often.
Man I didn't realize this about WA. That sucks. Is it because of low population? What are they're reason for only allowing harvesting 1 deer?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i actually just got done eating a deer burger lol

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Average 3 times per week.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Man, I cut grass for a living. Winter time it gets tight. I have a lot of time to hunt between jobs. We eat deer or hog meat at least 5 times a week. Dont know the last time we cooked beef. You cant pry my kids mouths open with a crowbar and make them eat another deer meat taco right now. Lol!! Started making bacon deer burger this year. Been good. Good thing is, the wife works too, and chicken express is only a few miles away.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Man, I cut grass for a living. Winter time it gets tight. I have a lot of time to hunt between jobs. We eat deer or hog meat at least 5 times a week. Dont know the last time we cooked beef. You cant pry my kids mouths open with a crowbar and make them eat another deer meat taco right now. Lol!! Started making bacon deer burger this year. Been good. Good thing is, the wife works too, and chicken express is only a few miles away.
Mix in some bacon flavored spam with the deer burger................throw it on the grill, bake some prebreaded onion rings and put one on each burger,fill the hole with shreaded cheese..........let it melt, time to eat!! Kids will love it!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
3-4 times a week. But the supply is dwindling down. I haven't bought meat in the store either since October.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I actually don't like deer meat. I kill alot of deer and none of it goes to waist, a guy that works for me takes it. I like buffalo and since I started eating buffalo I rarley even eat beef anymore.

·
Registered
194 Posts
5 to 7 days a week. Luckily married a woman who appreciates it as much as I do. Doesn't hurt that I'm the cook of the house.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Anywhere from 3 to 5 times a week depending how the season went. :tongue:

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,830 Posts
We eat venison on an average of 3-5 days a week all year long. I have 1 freezer totally dedicated to our deer harvest. We get 6 per person a year so between me and my son, I usually put 8-10 a year in the freezer.. Yes its full now but will be very slim by Sept. !!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts