Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20838&item=7110979217&rd=1

Ran across this add on Ebay. Now I usually don't recommend getting a bow off of ebay but this guys feedback shows he's a straight shooter. He says he has lots of Mathews Outback and will ship them for $450? Thats a couple hundred less than I paid. *Disclaimer* I don't know this guy or anything about him. Just passing on a curious deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
Unreal, this is either a scam or the guy has lost his mind. There has not been a single Outback sold in the past month on ebay that cheap. I looked. Plus, you can't ship a bow for $7.00 without losing money.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I viewed this guys other auctions he also has Hoyt's Xtech for the same money $450????

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Not to mention that there will be no warranty from Mathews either. Part of their policy prohibits selling over the net but only from certified shops.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
I just looked at the link and something I dont get is, he has a part there "Find the nearest retailer" link , ***?

·
Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,702 Posts
Jerry/NJ said:
Not to mention that there will be no warranty from Mathews either. Part of their policy prohibits selling over the net but only from certified shops.
That may be but my friend bought a used MQ1, and found it had cracked limbs. Mathews covered the limbs for free!
Good company.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
CWG said:
That may be but my friend bought a used MQ1, and found it had cracked limbs. Mathews covered the limbs for free!
Good company.
Really? WOW, good to hear that!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's just the starting bid guys. Chances are, in the 6 days left, the price will be near the price it sells for in stores.
That's what I thought too until I read his full add. Says he has lots of them and will ship them for $450. Also if you view his other auctions he says the same about Hoyt's Xtec.

I don't know this guy from adam,,,just ran across the add and thought I'd share it with folks on the forum.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
But down in description he says he has several and will sell for 450 outright. ????????

·
Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,702 Posts
awright, I'm off to go check it out. Lots of scams lately

CWG

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
That doesn't make any sense. Where the heck is he getting them so cheap? Sounds like a scam to me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are there any dealers out here that can sell under MSRP? (for mathews?)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Not sure if if he is legit, but he is covered under Paypal protection plan up to $500 plus he takes credit cards, Most guys who are out to scam people only take M/O or cashiers check. If he is not legit and you use paypal then your covered. If you use your own credit card then you can dispute the charges. The bows could be hot, who knows???:confused:

·
Huntin Fool
1,222 Posts
I e-mailed this guy. Add says they are located in AL.

Can I come and pick one up from you? These are brand new correct? $450.

Here is the reponse.

Bows are located in MI if you can get here no problem if not then
let me know only accept money orders or certified funds have had 3
chargebacks with paypal this week. sorry for the inconvience. Let me know
either way so i can hold one for you if you need it.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,702 Posts
Yup same reply I got when I emailed him. No paypal.
Three charge backs? Who in their right mind would turn down this deal.
Sounds fishy to me.......but.........:D

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.