Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot both and can give me a unbiased opinion? Looking to purchase one or the other for strictly 3d!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ttt

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Unfortunately there aren't many of either bow out on the streets yet. I can personally speak to the Echelon. Bought it for my wife and she has been shooting it for a couple of weeks now. I am really impressed with this bow and I think Elite got this one right. She is shooting the 37 with limb stops. It also has the cable stops (3 different sizes) she just personally likes the limb stops. Draw is smooth with a nice valley and wall with less than the typical Elite dumb into the valley. Shot is super dead and vibe free and was super easy to tune. The adjustable cable rod makes fine tuning that much easier as well. Had a perfect bullet hole and bare shaft flight with 27's within a couple of arrows. I am actually thinking about buying this bow as well!! Cant to shoot the 3d as well though. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
And yes, right after Vegas we will turn this bow into a 3d bow for sure. This should be a great outdoor bow as well with the speeds that we will get out of it.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I got my hands on the Echelon 39.. i agree 1000%.. Elite has finally got an awesome target bow in their line. Personally have never been a fan of any limb stop bows and for this reason never shot the Elites (or others) of the past much although i admired their craftmanship and attention to detail. Just never felt consistent and didnt adapt to my shooting style.. The new cable stop options and cams however are right up my alley.. still maintain a really solid backwall but so far waaayyy more forgiving.. doesnt seem to matter how hard i pull into the wall the bow stays on target and shoots right down the middle.. you get 3 sets of different diameter stops with the bow and can set it up however u like.. The grip is spot on.. absolutely no issues with comfort or repeatabilty. As for tuning.. eyeballed everything and shot a bullet with a tank 27 first shot bare bow.. i picked up a small right tear when got it fully set-up due to a 12" back bar with 18 ounces on it.. pretty common for all my bows as the weight has a tendency to induce a little side torque into the handle at full draw.. simply moved rest out a bit and it cleaned up.. one other note.. This new cam has additional spacers on either side of the can now which will allow for more tuning/shimming options as well. So far only a hanful of vegas targets shot with it... but all good! Dont normally come on here and post to much about bows etc.. but Elite deserves a bump for this bow.

Other than few shots outta the perform x at local dealer.. i have nothing to share other than it looks awesome and definently butter smooth on the draw.

One other note on the Elite.. as styles mentioned.. the new cable guard has a load of adjustment as well.. didnt have any need to mess with mine yet other than slightly sliding it in to minimal vane clearance.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I've only shot the echelon 37 at my dealer and it is impressive , quiet , no vibe really smooth draw cycle , they got a winner this year !

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a 39 in surge red!! 10 day wait!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You'll love it, can't beat wait time. I have both 37 and 39, they are truly awesome!

·
Registered
18,481 Posts
I could see myself hunting with the Echelon 37.

·
Registered
14,391 Posts
I just got my performX 3D and IMHO it is the best target bow I have shot to date. I have not shot the echelon or even held on to one. I love the grip on the PX3D and how adjustable it is in terms of draw length and letoff. It draws nice, holds extremely well, and I have seen noticeable improvements in my scores and X count over my evolve 35 which I was shooting previously. Honestly if I was designing a bow it is exactly what I would design. Only thing I would change is I would get rid of the LAS system. It is not needed and IMO is one more thing that could possibly go wrong in a tournament.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts