Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who edit your own footage, what kind of editing programs are you using? I am currently using Adobe Premier Pro CS5. I like it but kind of want to try final cut for the Mac computers. What is the pros and cons of the editing programs you use? thanks. Jake

·
Registered
467 Posts
Having the ability to use the keyframe options on adobe premier pro and other professional programs is a huge benefit. Being able to adjust the opacity of clips and having more control over everything is what makes Premiere such an advantage over something basic like imovie. Alot of times i use imovie to edit through alot of my videos, then make an intro with premiere. Just seems to be easier.

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
I have used Sony Vegas for years but I'm getting into SFX more ( not hunting vids ) and the ability to instantly go to After Effects and edit a part then put the edit immediately back into PP is a big time saver. Throw in the same for Photoshop updates and sound and it's easy to see why it's a good app. I really like Vegas and today more and more plugins are being made for it but for a big project it can't do what the CS5.5 suite does. I will still use Vegas for some things like the slideshow ability of the Vasst plugin and smaller jobs but I've got the PP5.5 tutorials and I'm learning all the little tricks in it and it's got a lot to offer.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
What is the PP5.5? Is that Photoshop and Premiere bundle? thanks

How much is the CS5.5 suite? Isn't it close to a $1000 or more?

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
PP5.5 is Premiere Pro. Yep it's not cheap. A cheaper alternative is Sony's line of editors like Vegas. It is very close to Premiere Pro.

·
Game Destroyer
2,687 Posts
I have not used PP...I do like Vegas...but it seems to crash a lot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the only downfall to me to rendering the footage to the computer cause it takes forever lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts