Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but....... What is the difference between custom strings and factory strings? What are the performance benefits? Tell me everything you know about strings and websites I can read about them.

Thanks,
Rob

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,110 Posts
im no expert but aftermarket strings tend to stretch less, more stable, wear better, usually can gain some speed, and the most important look cooler.

·
Registered
81 Posts
in my experience with single cam bows (Ross, Mathews) the serving seperates on the stock string very quickly. its usually not long before I order an aftermarket string. I have only tried Vapor-trails.....was wanting to try some others as well. The ones vapor trails make have better servings that don't seperate.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
all my bows have custom strings. not only do you get the custom colors but most importantly you get the best strings made. no peep creep, stretch,serving seperation, plus some can be made to gain speed.
I have tried a few of the string makers and I found sixxstrings to be the best. awesome quality and dave is a great guy to deal with.
custom strings are what every bow needs.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts