Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, on my '12 EFX cams I notice the axle bushing is only about 1/2 as wide as the cam channel that it is in. On my '13 EFX cams the bushings are just as wide as the cams. I went to replace some limbs last night on my '12 EFX cams and noticed that when I was putting the axles in that the bushing would move. Sometimes it pushed all the way to the side and came partially out. I'm able to push it back in flush w/that side, centered, or flush w/the opposite side. My questions are: Should this bushing be able to move left and right like that? Where should the bushing sit (centered, flush left, or flush right).

I've got the bow together and have shot it a little in my basement, but obviously I don't know where the bushings are currently at in relation to the three location options I listed above. What other indicators would there be if there is a bushing issue from a shooting standpoint? I was just going to call Dick at Elite tomorrow, but I'm curious and figured I'd see if anywhere here could shed any light on things. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You might run into tuning issues. I've seen this happen with other bows before but not an elite.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok first thing is I'm dumb. I didn't realize there were two bushings/bearings in each cam and thought it was just one. I talked to Duck at Elite today and got some instructions on what to do.

When I first took the cams off I saw the bushings/bearings were both pushed to one side on both canes instead of each one being flush with a side of the cam. After I removed the cams and popped the bushings/bearings out I realized just how loose they were. Basically if you push one it one side it may stick but if you turn it will slide right out the other side, and if it doesn't do that immediately just a little tap if your hand will make it do it.

I'll call Dick back tomorrow but I'm assuming I'll have to send the cams in. It's a good thing I'm picking up my E35 tomorrow night. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts