Archery Talk Forum banner

elevated camera mounting system

1440 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  scrapejuice
does anyone have a GOOD way of mounting trail cams in an elevated position(up in a tree), so they angle down? Yet is still secure from theft (at least to the extent possible).

I'm working on a few ideas for a mounting system, but just thought I'd check to see what you guys are doing.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,788 Posts
Goto http://www.predatortrailcams.com and look at the universal camera mount they have in their accessories section. It can be strapped to the tree, lag bolted or both, and has alot of adjustability up and down and sideways also.

· Registered
10,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good Kdornski. I have QDMs on all of my cameras and you can screw them in to angle down. If you need more of an angle, you can just put a longer lag bolt in place of the one it comes with.

What is a QDM? More pics if you got them.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Looks good Kdornski. I have QDMs on all of my cameras and you can screw them in to angle down. If you need more of an angle, you can just put a longer lag bolt in place of the one it comes with.

I have the same setup on all my cams. It's great for mounting with angles and on any size tree.

I think the straps that come with the cams is the first you can see. Sure makes the cam a ton stealthier!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
10,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am currently working on something that would have full adjustability and still remain as theft proof as any ground level setup. Its in the works but may take a couple of weeks. A little hint is that it resembles kdornski's somewhat. I'll post pics when I get it a little further along.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.