Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my bow, and when I was taking my accessories off of it, I noticed that a lot of the screws had some rust on them like for the sight and quiver. Also, when I took the sight off, I noticed some rust residue on the riser. I don't want this on my new bow. Do you guys add anything onto accessories before you put them on your bow to eliminate this issue? What can be put between the riser and sight to eliminate marks? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thin Piece of rubber between bow and accessory. Used to be able to be bought but not sure anymore. To eliminate the rust you can coat the screws with bow string wax before hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions on where to get a thin piece of rubber? I like that idea.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
clear coat finger nail polish, or check at the hardware store for the rubber. on the other hand, you won't see it when the accessories are on anyway.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You can get thin pieces of rubber in different sizes in a patch kit for tires. I also use dielectric grease in a very small thin coat to prevent any moisture and rust.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Replace all hardware with Titanium hardware.

Bike tire inner tube can be used for rubber piece....

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I use dead down wind scent free oil on all my bolts and even lightly wipe down sights and equipment that may rust. Works great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts