Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
THWACK!!!!
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into one of these 2 bows as my next one. I know I need to try them both out if I can before I buy. Though i would like to know what people shooting elite think. I will be ordering one in 50-60 # and a draw length of 27.5-28". I will be using it for hunting mainly but may shoot some 3d with it also. Let me know what you think if you have experience with either or both. Pictures are ok also.:)

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
I shoot a 28" Fire at 55lbs with a 311 grn arrow and its shoots lights out! Imn getting 285 consistantly.... I replaced the strings/cables today to get my full 28" draw and 61lbs,, SO crono speeds will come later this week.. Oh yea.. If your looking for a dealer that has two Aigils in stock... call Scott at STrickly Fishing and Archery...815-609-9600 He has a G1 and a AT Aigil in stock right now He even has 2 very rare GTO's in stock as well...... Tellem Takeum Sent cha!

·
THWACK!!!!
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
elite

Those are some of the prettiest bows i think I have ever seen. Makes me want one everytime I see a picture of them. Its just a matter of which one.:tongue:

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
SKinner.,.. trust me,, THere's not a dog in the bunch.. I have tried about everyone fo their bows this year and have loved every one of them.... From speed bows to super soft. accurate ,single camed, competetion bows,, Elite has them all!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Don't mean to hijack but this looks like a good place to ask about the Aigil. Due to shoulder issues I can't shoot a very agressive cam, is the Aigil something I should consider?
Absolutely!I am 58 years old and have not drawn a bow over 60 lbs for a long time and had no trouble pulling back an Aigil set at 65 lbs.Very smooth draw.

·
Addicted Elkhunter
2,288 Posts
Hey guys, not intended to hijack the thread but but is the Aigil top heavy? You know what I mean? If you balance the bow on your finger at the flat spot on the front of the shelf does it just sit there or fall forward?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Don't mean to hijack but this looks like a good place to ask about the Aigil. Due to shoulder issues I can't shoot a very agressive cam, is the Aigil something I should consider?
Absolutely PB... that and the Fire if your a 24-28" draw and dont shoot more then 60lbs..... I shoot about 27 1/2" draw most the time and around 55 lbs,, The Fire is an absolute dream to shoot... It's alot like shooting the Bowtech Equilizer if any of you have shot that before.. But Smoother... I tried to compare it to Bowtechs 101st and I actually had to quit shooting the Bowtech because of the noise and rough draw it had compared to my Fire... Im sure 101st might had a few Fps faster then my Fire., But the Fire was soooooooooooooo much smoother and quiet... It's possibly the best bow of 2008 for guys who shoot 28" or less draw... If you desire something similar to the Fire with those same cams with a longer draw and higher brace height... Go with the SYnergy Extreme XL with Fire cams 36 ATA and 8" brace height.. Smokin!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am looking into one of these 2 bows as my next one. I know I need to try them both out if I can before I buy. Though i would like to know what people shooting elite think. I will be ordering one in 50-60 # and a draw length of 27.5-28".
I got my AIGIL 2 weeks ago.
And, I NEVER had a single cam bow before, that was so smoking fast!
I have the same problem like you. Very short DL = 27,5"
My AIGIL with that DL and 60# delivers 307 fps with a 302gr. arrow!!
WITH peep and d-loop on the string!!
No shock, no vibrations, absolutely accurate.
I shot a 30 m (33yards) round (36 arrows) on a FITA target face.
(The ten ring is 3.15" diameter)
356 of 360 with 21 Xs. No scope, with a pin sight!

AND...... really good looking! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
20,730 Posts
I've shot the Aigil a few times now. I found a really big difference btwn 60 & 70lb models, more so than any bow I've shot. I don't care for the Aigil draw cycle at all. My vote would be for the Fire.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The Aigil has a very aggressive cam.
Consider to shoot a 50# Aigil.
My 60# Aigil is to draw like a 65#!!

·
Addicted Elkhunter
2,288 Posts
I don't know how the draw is on the aigil or fire but the gto draws like butter, super smooooooooooooooooooth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.