Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been issue with these bows since they have been out? Just curious if there has been tuning issues and what the over all opinion of anyone who has shot them is?

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
So far so good, i love shooting the one i have and my customers love their's. I haven't seen any major tuning issues as i shot mine through a 100 shot shoot in period then do a super (point of impact) tune on my set-up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I own an Elite Answer since Dec 2012. The only issue I had (if you want to call it an issue) was there was some visible fiberglass strains you could see in the limbs. They were purely cosmetic. I called Elite and spoke to Kerrianne. She is the best. I told her my issue and she informed me that there that wouldn't hinder the performance of the bow. She told me to send in the bow and they will exchange it. I sent in my bow and they replace the limbs at no charge. Like I said the strains was purely cosmetic and Elite had no issue fixing the issue. Elite will be my only bow of choice from here on out. You can't beat the wall, valley, and no creep. If you buy an Answer you won't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I own one and have had zero tuning issues. Most of what you will read about shimming cams and cam lean is blown way out of proportion. The only real issue is crappy stock strings. Shoot one and you will love it. I put speed mods ony 28"/60# answer and ING a 340gr arrow 299 fps and a 370gr hunting shaft 285fps.

·
Banned
1,621 Posts
The stock strings leave something to be desired. Serving is shot in no time. Custom threads and it's good to go.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The lines in the finish on the limbs is not in the fiberglass, it's an issue they had with the powdercoat reacting funny to the limbs. As mentioned purely cosmetic, I had mine replaced also only because I'm picky.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
no issues with mine, i love it and i've had it since december

·
Registered
235 Posts
i traded my z7 for an all black answer today. shot it alot this evening you cant go wrong with elite, that back wall is awesome, deff a tack driver

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I own one and have had zero tuning issues. Most of what you will read about shimming cams and cam lean is blown way out of proportion. The only real issue is crappy stock strings. Shoot one and you will love it. I put speed mods ony 28"/60# answer and ING a 340gr arrow 299 fps and a 370gr hunting shaft 285fps.
Good thing you reminded me, how do the speed mods compare to the smooth. I would like to get the speed mods but would also like to keep a decent valley. Is that possible.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
The only problem that I have had with my Answer was with the stock strings. I replaced them with a custom set & it's good to go again. The Answer is 1 awesome sweet shooting bow.

Sent from "dumb redneck" using "smartphone";)

·
Treestand Assassin
3,096 Posts
Good thing you reminded me, how do the speed mods compare to the smooth. I would like to get the speed mods but would also like to keep a decent valley. Is that possible.
I put speed mods on my 70lb Answer and didn't like them. You'll probably have to re tune the bow as the speed mods up the DW and DL at the stock string lengths.
The 60lb Answer handled the speed mods much better. The guys with 60lb bows say the speed mods didn't change much in the draw cycle and feel and it shortens the valley just slightly.
They like them.
I kept the smooth mods.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Some dont like the speed mods, to me it didn't affect the draw much at all. It loads up a little more up front but is still smooth all the way back. You do lose a little valley but there is so much of it with smooth mods that it's still good. My bow does not want to take off at all. Plus if you go speed mods and want a little more valley just ad a couple twists to the cables.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have two Answers, 60lb with smooth mods 60lb, 30'', 306gr, 312fps, my 70lb with speed mods, 71lb, 30'' 391gr, 319fps tac drivers! the only problem i have is ripping arrows to hell...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put speed mods on my 70lb Answer and didn't like them. You'll probably have to re tune the bow as the speed mods up the DW and DL at the stock string lengths.
The 60lb Answer handled the speed mods much better. The guys with 60lb bows say the speed mods didn't change much in the draw cycle and feel and it shortens the valley just slightly.
They like them.
I kept the smooth mods.

How much longer do they make the draw length, thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
How much longer do they make the draw length, thanks for your help
About 1/2" is what most guys are experiencing. I tried the speed mods but I personally like the feel of the smooth mods over the extra speed.

Oh and no issues with my answer. Had it shooting bullet holes in less than a few minutes. Best Elite Bow of all time IMO.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
I have been shooting the heck out of mine in most all possible conditions and there is not one single issue with mine.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I am one that had string problems. I called Kerrianne she said E-mail some pics. The next day new strings were on there way, i just hope the string problem is solved. Good CS great shooting bow. I did a modified french tune move back to 20 yrds. and shot a robin hood, this bow shoots better than this indian can

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Might have to get a ninja and try it out, just curious how it will compare to my invasion

1 - 20 of 51 Posts